Whats behind the name?

My nickname used to be TheWolf, in honor of Harvey Keitel in Pulp Fiction, but then I went to college at NC State University (hey duraleigh!), and people assumed it was derived from the Wolfpack (NC State Sports). As you can imagine, TheWolf was a hard nickname to register around the university, so I threw my last name on it and changed it to Wolfmarsh.

Great - now I have to compete with Aquaman... OK. I am Ohm Boy!

Ohm_Boy.gif

It's a play on my name...

When we were growing up me and my older brother had a certain TV hero...[attachment=0:usd23r16]fonzie.jpg[/attachment:usd23r16]

So my brother would go around saying: "You mess with The Beez...you get stung!"

Sent me into a fit of laughter the first time I heard it, and I've kept it to this day... :mrgreen:

Attachments

• fonzie.jpg
    fonzie.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 339
Back in 1987ish, I dialed into a local BBS, and the screen said, "Enter Handle:" I was also reading a pilot manual at the same time. I looked down at the book and saw KIAS (Knots Indicated Air Speed) and it's stuck ever since. Which was 5 years before Kia's showed up in the US.

I was in the Marine Corps for 6 yrs from 91-97. I earned the rank of Sergeant E-5. So I took sgt and added dvldog to the end for Devil Dog which is a nickname for Marines that the Germans gave them during the battle of Belleau Wood in 1918. Sometimes I go by sgt_dvldog on other sites.

Note: If you ever meet a Marine E-5 or above, don't call him sarge. Marines always go by their full rank. The Army allows you to call them sarge.

We loved the movie "Ice Age" and the taekwondodo's skit. Since we were doing TKD at the time (now a 2nd degree), it just seemed appropriate as a user name...

Dodo: "If you weren't smart enough to plan ahead, then doom on you. ...(chantings)... doom on you... doom on you."

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
In college, one of my roommates as a prank signed me up for Reverend Ewings Church by mail. My last name is Wood but he changed it on the application to "Woodberg". He even sent a few dollars in and asked for more information about their so called church. I got inundated with calls and junk mail from Reverend Ewing for the next couple of years. Anyway, the name Woodberg stuck.

RDKLL?

Well that comes from the fact that if you can hit it while riding a motorcycle and for the most part not get hurt(squirrels, ducks, ducklings, dog or two, etc).....then I have hit it or been hit by it (birds)
winterpool.jpeg

OK, we have lots of new members (including me) so I think it's time to resurrect this thread...

Mine comes from a System of a Down song - "Melt in the sun, melt in the sun, who wants to come with me and melt in the sun!?" It's talking about political protests that are ignored, but I figured it would work in this situation :cool: Lots of sun here in Arizona!

I thought I had posted to this topic. :?

I'm a geek from way, way back; 8086 and DOS, BBS and then Compuserve (which was almost graphical). When I incorporated my computer support business, in '99, I chose The GeekGranny, Inc. I wasn't a granny then (but of the age to be - DD waited till into 30's before having children) but thought it might be attractive to older people having a stranger come into their homes for computer support with a friendly business name; less intimidating than a young squirt. I'm now a granny and still very much a geek. I can't even begin to count how many times people, when looking at my business card or credit card, see Greekgranny instead of Geekgranny.

gg=alice

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.