Whats behind the name?

"The only thing we knew for sure about Henry Porter is that his name wasn't Henry Porter" sings Dylan in Brownsville girl!
What can be the best song ever written, in all categories. You can also hear in that song that Dylan "stand in line" to see Gregory Peck in anything. What can you do more than fall in love with a person who has the skill to write something like that:)

"Strange how people who suffer together have stronger connections than people who are most content.
I don't have any regrets, they can talk about me plenty when I'm gone."
Another qoute from that song. I recommend strongly that you listen to the song if you haven't done it yet http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjYb__HQ ... re=related and after that go and buy all of his records!!
Will probably be the second best thing you've done after building pool 8) :goodjob: :wave:

EDIT: lovely thread btw

Mine is the initial of my first name, my maiden name, part of my married name which is Williams and the age at which I signed up for the internet which my husband pushed and I was reluctant. I have never regretted doing this. It has made my life so much easier thanks to my hubby, and to think I went to college to be a computer programmer but was still not comfortable with computers. My mother was the first computer programmer at the bank she worked for.

Susan :shock:

Mine is the first two letters from my children's names...Deon, Cody, and Jakayla which gives me decoja. I came up with it when I first got on the internet back in 2000. I use it for all my online names unless it requires 8 or more letters and then I just add my first two letters of my name, Jackie, and then I have jadecoja. That's my story and I'm sticking to it :wink:

This is a great site!! I love the pictures :goodjob:

Like "meatloaf", I'm using one after a singer, Everlast. Unlike meatloaf, he is not my favorite...just one I used at one time and haven't changed. My favorite musicians range across many genres from Ozzy to Jimmy Buffett to Keb' Mo' and many in between.

Like so many good things in life, my name was given to me by my wife.

Every year she buys season tickets to the little theater here in our small town and I never know which night she's scheduled for us to attend the play. I come home from work late just ready to sit, relax and have a quiet evening. Then she says "Dear, I forgot to tell you that we are going to the play tonight." Naturally, I get a little grumpy over this.

Now, as things work out, when you buy season tickets to the theater, they print your name in the Play Bill as a benefactor or sponsor or something. So, one night after my grumpy act she tells me that next season she's going to have them put us into the program as "Becky Moody and Grumpy." I should never have dared her.

The funny thing is that almost every play I hear someone say "I wonder if he's here tonight?"

Now, my daughter's 2 year old niece is calling me Grumpy so I guess I'm going to keep it.

By the way, it has not escaped me that Grumpy Moody could be considered to be redundant.

In the late 1990's I was posting on a forum that had some problems with identity theft so they decided to make everyone chose a name and made it so no one could use it fradulently -- probably the norm nowadays with boards with registrations required. There had been some harsh words there and no one wanted to reveal too much about locations or age or gender or much of anything. Guess it only takes a few realy mean people to get a board in bad shape and back then they could sign in again and post and sign someone elses name to it.

So, anyhow, as everyone started chosing there was Anonamous, Anon, Anon1, Anon2, AnonMan, AnonMom, etc. So Original :roll:

I thought that Anonapersona was a clever twist on the Anon-type names that were being used. It sort of rhymed, and it was clearly a "persona" I used on that board so as to not reveal my name or gender or anything else until I chose to. I also considered trying On-Anon but figured that folks might see me as long-winded. :wink:

Well, because I AM AQUAMAN!

super_aquaman.jpg

Mine comes from the fact that I have worked in the medical imaging field my whole life and I love fish. Not just to eat :-D . I have 3 aquariums. 150G, 125G, and 55G.

I will now have to take care of my own water verrrrrry soon :party:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
orthofish said:
Mine comes from the fact that I have worked in the medical imaging field my whole life and I love fish. Not just to eat :-D . I have 3 aquariums. 150G, 125G, and 55G.

Just think of it as an aquarium for homo sapiens and you should be fine ( and your specimens will never get Ick!)

well, mine is logical as well.
in the frat in college, several decades ago, I was known as "fuzzy". i've been a database administrator (dba) for 20+ years, and the "_" between the 2 is due to my Unix background..

and no, i'm still NOT used to typing in UPPER and lower case!

Well, I frequent many other boards as well...except in the line of cake decorating!! Hence..I give people 'sweetsmiles'! Have also in the past thought much of going into photography...would cover that as well!!

(lazy man....I laughed out loud on your meaning!!)

orthofish said:

Now that's a serious fish habit! We used to have a 44gal Pentagon tank that sat in the corner. Ended up with a breeding pair of angelfish which was kind of neat. Finally got tired of the tank maintenance, and sold everything.

Old trout is a term of endearment in NFLD. When meeting and greeting in the small towns the hello usually was 'How ya gettin on me old trout" . I tried to use it as a nic many times a few years ago but it was already in use so i modified it to OLETROUT

I create slideshows as a hobby. Of course everyone from NFLD thinks it is pure Heaven so i did a show using a song from an old schoolmate titled If God Made Heaven. Here is a link to it on YouTube if anyone would wish to view it.

:cheers:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=saDsP8c4-rE

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.