Whats behind the name?

I've always been an astronomy buff and Cassiopeia is the name of a constellation. It sounds beautiful to me. I used the name for one of my cats years ago also; called her Cassie. :-D I use the name SavannahStar on most other message boards I'm on, none of which relate to swimming pools! :-D

Cool Thread! :wave:

Lets see...live way up north in Ontario...had recently watched the movie Northcountry when joining another forum and needed a name...it seem to fit. Northcountry I became and use it on most forums I lurk on. This forum is the best though...It's has a great community and everyone is so helpful.

Mine just refers to my first new car, a 97 Cobra Mustang. It had a 4.6L engine.

I have since sold it and now drive a 03 Focus hatchback which is something not nearly as much fun but way more economical.

I use this handle or a variant on everything. Cobra46 sounds more cool than Lamefocus.

At work, my title is "Deck Foreman, Asst. Crane Operator", but my bearing (brought on by military and law enforcement experience) earned me the nickname of "Deck Sgt.". It just stuck.

cobra46 said:
Mine just refers to my first new car, a 97 Cobra Mustang. It had a 4.6L engine.

I have since sold it and now drive a 03 Focus hatchback which is something not nearly as much fun but way more economical.

I use this handle or a variant on everything. Cobra46 sounds more cool than Lamefocus.
:lol: :lol: :lol: Too funny!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Re:

TomU said:
I gained a lot of respect for CarlD. while reading posts over at PF (but couldn't join), so when this site came online I decided to construct a similar username, hence TomU (first name and first initial of last name).

Sorry I'm late to this party, but I am very honored and humbled. :goodjob: I hate to tell you this but I kinda just tossed something up when I needed a name--using my first name and last initial is VERY unusual for me--I generally have much cleverer "handles" :p on other places. It's not my most creative name.

Still, I'm glad that my advice and experience has been a help to so many people. I love when someone says: "Wow! It worked! My pool is now GREAT!" That's the best reward.

TFP is the ONLY website I know, still in existence, that follows the same "No-BS" approach pioneered at PoolForum. I consider it a high complement. As many of you know, PoolForum has been unable to accept new members for at least two seasons. I, and my fellow monitors are not able to control that. So I welcome TFP as the only place new members and pool owners can go to get the same kind and quality of advice and philosophy pioneered at PoolForum.

I don't explore TFP enough. I guess I should.

The name I use comes from my hot rod; 1930 ford.

1930_ford_roadster.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.