still light blue and cloudy

How long have you been running the pump 24/7? What is the pressure? What is the normal clean pressure?

Did you have algae? Because your FC is not up at shock level.

Posted from my Droid with Tapatalk ... sorry if my response is short ;)

Those look like pool store readings...

In your older threads, you mentioned that you have a K-2006, and the CYA didn't even reach the marks, which puts it well over 100. How did CYA drop to 60? Have you been draining? And why are you not trusting your own test results?

yea i was not sure of my readings so i went to leslies and had them run the test---my test was off the chart-i don't know if my test equiptment is old or what --i assume that leslies is pretty acurate--the cya was a big issue -since i would have to drain 20,000 gal of water to bring it down

I think your assumption is flawed, CYA is historically the test that the pool stores are the worst at. Trust your own.

Posted from my Droid with Tapatalk ... sorry if my response is short ;)

Yep, many of us have btdt. :oops: But, it is best to always trust your own testing over a pool store. :wink:

I suggest that you try re-doing the CYA test using a 50/50 mix of pool and tap water, then double the test result ... that will allow you to maybe get a better estimate, especially if it is > 100ppm. And, as you said, the CYA is a big issue and you need to get a confident test result.

Here's a link to the Extended CYA Test Instructions. extended-test-kit-directions-t25081.html#p206397

It might help to reread it just to make sure you are standing with your back to the sun, etc, etc There is also a link to Taylor Technologies under the notes section that has a pictorial review of the dot disappearing in the tube. That has helped lots and lots of us!

I've been using my T100 & trusting the pool calculator. These things work together like magic. I punch in my results, I add what it recommends, and the pool does what's expected- even with last years reagents that were stored on top of a refrigerator in the kitchen. The local pool store didn't have much credibility with me before. 2 weeks ago they tried to sell me a bag of dichlor that "didn't have stabilizer in it". That destroyed any credibility they had with me.I'll still buy parts & liquid there, but that's about it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.