new pentair IC 40

roth79

Gold Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Jul 19, 2009
Just had IC 40 installed Thursday and dialing it in now, I testes Salt with Taylor K-1766and it shows 3000 PPM and the green light is on steady on the SWG manual says that its good level, I read that it should be 3400 at start, Do I add another bag of salt. The installer did leave me 2 extra bags and told me he went low on it and to check it. What do you think?

Thanks

I wouldn't yet, if you add too much the only way to reduce the level is draining some water and refilling. What is your water temp? Colder water makes salt or any other solid longer to dissolve. My level didn't stabilizer for almost a week when I put in my pool. Water temp was only 60-65.

Keep an eye on it for a few days and see what it does. If salt level starts going down then you might add some but not a whole bag.

Salt tends to drift down over the course of a pool season, so it is best to start the season with salt around 3,500 or so. At the same time 4knights has a good point. There is no rush and it is easier to add more later than it is to remove some if you add too much. The SWG is fine for now so no rush.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.