Rounding the Corner... Install Completed 7/27/13

Re: Rounding the Corner to a New Pool Build

Well, I had posted a couple days ago about having an installer build my pool since Jim had his accident. The guy quoted me $1,600. Personally, I think that's outrageous! He wanted to go in and cut more of my hillside out which is rediculous as I feel that it's totally uncalled for.

I just had the 2nd guy come in today and he was really impressed with what I had done thus far. His heart sunk when I told him I couldn't finish it. He's going to charge me $450 plus the cost of sand. He'll level the site to one inch, set my pavers and install my bottom track, dig my trench n I'll take over the rest which is ok by me. This guy is GOOD! He excavated my dad's pool site. I'm going to hire him for next week n maybe I'll have a pool for Jim to relax n recover in by the end of the month or sooner!

Hopefully, I'll be able to finish this build thread n set it in history and catch my breath after everything we've beenthrough. You guys have been so supportive in your thoughts and prayers for us. I just want to thank you all so much! Let's get this build on!!! :cool:

I am glad you found someone to help you. Please, take all the help you can get (maybe even in putting the walls up) you have been through such an emotionally draining time that accepting help is just what you need to do.
Good luck!

I'm going to have my step son n his friend come over n help me with the wall. I may have a couple girl friends come over too. Whoever helps gets a free pass to swim anytime!!!

Excavation scheduled for Wednesday. I'll take pics of this guy in action. I scheduled the build for Saturday. I hope I can get enough people to do it. I'm so ready to relax!!!

I can't wait til it's up crek! It's been a long drawn out process! I just want to relax and time to just let it all go! I need to relieve a lot of stress!

Pool excavation is scheduled for tomorrow at 3pm. All I have to do is fork over the money and watch it happen.

On Saturday, My dad and son are coming over to help me install the pool ourselves and if Jim is feeling ambitious and not too tired, he said he will help as much as he can. The weather should be nice and cool which is a plus!!!

An update on Jim... We went to see the plastic surgeon who fixed up his head wound. I was surprised to see a very young man. He is amazing and I'm so grateful for what he's done for Jim. He said his head looks fantastic considering what he came in with and I agree. He took the remaining staples out of his head this morning that surrounded the cadaver skin patch and trimmed the lifted areas off to show nice piggy pink healthy skin. He said if he continues to heal this way, he will not have to be skin grafted. The dr took pics and Jim signed a release so the dr can show the board his work because I guess they like to see what these drs are capable of. I'll tell you, this guy is GOOD!!! We go back in 1 week so he can see how it looks. Fingers crossed that he continues to heal! Tomorrow marks 3 weeks since the accident. Next week, I have to take him for a CT and we go to the neurologist to see if he will be released back to work. I'm not going to hold my breath on that one because he still tires out quickly.

Grateful I still have a husband who can walk, talk and do for himself after what he's been through!!!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

I think Jim should help by showing everyone he remembers how to sit in a chair and supervise! And you should also relax, watch, and maybe start blowing up some pool toys. Let the hired guns do the hard work - you guys have earned the break!!

lol! And here I thought I was the boss... you have him supervising!! :mrgreen:

I'm going to let the guy excavate and then dad, the boy and I are going to get down to business on Saturday. Hopefully, we'll have water by 1pm! :party:

I think the next poster, other than myself, should come blow up my turtle raft! :mrgreen:

I think the next poster, other than myself, should come blow up my turtle raft! :mrgreen:
I would love to since I've never been to PA. Sure wish I could.
I've been watching the saga, and I'm glad to see it coming to a positive conclusion. I'm sure I'm not alone in saying my heart goes out to you and your husband with all that you have been through. Your presence on the forum is most assuredly a benefit to all of us.
I hope all continues to progress well with the recovery and your pool. Seeing your experience helps keep things in perspective. Thank you for sharing.

There will be pics! I'll go take one now of the weeds growing in the pool site. This guy said he'll bein n out pretty quick so I'll try to get as many as I can.

My installers are here tomorrow, does that mean you'd like mine too....I have another thread started "Worried about my retaining wall" but no one has replied to it yet. I'll be recording the procedure.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.