broken pump and rain = GREEN!

Aug 22, 2012
Purchased the TF-100 kit about 5 weeks ago and the pool has been great! Thanks again for this forum.

Last week, my pool pump stopped working and we had lots of rain. The pump is back to working order but the pool is now green. I've completely scrubbed and vacuumed the entire pool. I've also changed the filter. My water tests are as follows:

pH: 7
FC: 15 ppm
CC: .5ppm
TC: 16 ppm

TA: 50
CH: 70
CYA: 80

Should I do a partial drain to lower the FC? I'm using ultra bleach as my daily chlorine.

Thanks.

Chad

Why would you wish to lower your FC? given you have spent some time on the forum, you will be aware that you need to perform the shock process and pass the OCLT.

Your shock level with CYA at 80 is 30ppm FC, I don't know if you already have been shocking with the FC up at 15, but you have to go higher on FC, not lower,

Regards
Stuart

Yes. I meant to say lower CYA. I was concerned that my CYA reading was higher than 80 as the green color is strong and the test is pretty subjective.

I decided to do a partial drain/refill(it's a small pool). I'm shocking to 31ppm and will run a OCLT in a couple of days. I'm open to additional suggestions.

Thanks.

Chad

chadlife said:
I decided to do a partial drain/refill(it's a small pool). I'm shocking to 31ppm and will run a OCLT in a couple of days. I'm open to additional suggestions.
Your plan seems reasonable.
:goodjob:

-sent with Tapatalk 2

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.