Waxahachie, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Apparently draining the spa into the pool isn't as automated as I thought. Please tell me if these steps are correct:

The pool is on auto from 9am to 7pm
The spillway on the spa runs 9am to 7pm
The Grotto waterfall runs 9am to 7pm
The Tanning Ledge fountain will run when the grotto is off by turning a valve or can be adjusted to run both grotto and fountain
The Polaris cleaner comes on from 12pm to 1pm

When I want to drain the spa into the pool, I go the the outside panel and push "Mode" to get to the "Service" mode.
The pump turns off
Then I push "valve" to get to "drain"
There are 2 valves on the equipment that automatically turn
Once they are finished turning, I hit "F" to start the pump
The "F" LED button lights up
And the pump doesn't start
The Spa does not drain

I have to open the lid to the controls and start the pump.
The spa will drain.
-----------------
Three questions:

1. Is this the correct procedure? The manual says I should be able to activate the pump when I hit the F button.

2. How far down can I drain the spa.. to jet level or way down to below the seat level? I was told by the PB crew, but my brain's hard drive was getting full trying to learn all this in 45 minutes.

3. If it is ok to drain past the jets, I would assume that I would have to go to FILL and refill the spa before setting the panel back to the AUTO mode. Or does this matter since it refills automatically?

Thank you in advance!!

This is harder than it needs to be. Set the panel to timeout. Hit the valve button till drain appears. Press 'f' for the filter pump. This unlocks the pump for direct input. Open pump cover, hit speed 4 and then the start/stop button. I guess pentair didn't want to make it too easy to accidentally drain your spa.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.