BCinOKC

Jun 14, 2021
Oklahoma City, OK
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Have a 1 year old pool with Pentair equipment and the 5 amp system fuse keeps blowing.

IntelliCenter control system main panel. It’s the 5 amp “system” fuse (not the 4 amp valve)

trying to attach a video, but it won’t let me. Basically, the instant I turn on the main breaker (labeled GFCI/Lights), the little 5 amp trips.
Any ideas?

Attachments

• 342EC205-46A0-4AE7-AFEA-B44B3FA21F83.jpeg
    342EC205-46A0-4AE7-AFEA-B44B3FA21F83.jpeg
    338.4 KB · Views: 14
Disconnect all your actuators and relays from the sockets on the board. Label where they go.

Plug them in one at a time and power up the IC.

You will find out which one is bad and caused the breaker to trip.

It is probably an actuator.

BC,

If it is only 1 year old, it should be under warranty... ???

I'd open it up the top so you can see the main board and I'd start disconnecting things.

I'd start with the valves and then remove all the relay connections.

Work your way down until the only thing connected is the power supply cable.

Actually, it might make more sense to removed the power supply cable and see if the fuse still pops first.

Thanks,

Jim R.

It looks like the valves have their own 4 amp circuit breaker.

The system is 18 VAC and the valves are 24 VAC.

It might be a relay coil or a communication port issue.

1633804594338.png

1633804413417.png
1633804874166.png
1633806954278.png

Last edited:
Here is the wiring for the communications ports.

Note that anything with its own power only uses the yellow and green wires (Data).

For example an Intelliflo or Intellichlor have their own power, so you do not use the red and black.

Red and black are only used for things that do not have their own power supply, like maybe a remote control unit.

1633805291780.png

Thanks for all the quick responses. Yes, I’m hoping it’s under warranty.

I’ve already contacted the equipment installer (but if I could get the system running myself, I’m happy to try and troubleshoot)

I don’t know if this helps, but we had issues with the wifi antenna (so Comm?). The system hasn’t been connected to our Pentair app for several weeks. Should I try disconnecting something like the wifi antenna from the main control board and see if the system will power up and run the pumps.

Right now, we basically have no power, no screen, no pumps, no lights. It just pops, as soon as I try to turn the main breakers on

Thank you all for the troubleshooting help, diagrams, advice, etc…..

Nothing I tried could keep the 5 amp system fuse from blowing. The service company just came out and verified that it is a blown board. It will be replaced under warranty.

We are running the main pump on a manual setting until the control panel is operable again.

Thanks for the help, this is such a great forum!

Reactions: JamesW

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.