Lil Piles of Sand in deep end

Way too much pump. You only want a 3/4 or 1 HP pump/impeller.

You are pushing more water than the filter's lateral assembly can handle, creating pressures inside that push the sand through them. Given its age, you may even have broken a lateral or the up pipe as a result.

Scott

ditto Scott's post, the pump has to not exceed the flow rate of the filter or else pressure becomes too high, blowing sand, you will be lucky if you haven't cracked some laterals in your filter, put a smaller pump back on, if not immediately possible, slow down your pump or reduce flow by partially closing your valves before the pump and monitor the pressure on the multiport pressure valve.

Stuamurr said:
ditto Scott's post, the pump has to not exceed the flow rate of the filter or else pressure becomes too high, blowing sand, you will be lucky if you haven't cracked some laterals in your filter, put a smaller pump back on, if not immediately possible, slow down your pump or reduce flow by partially closing your valves before the pump and monitor the pressure on the multiport pressure valve.
Pressure becomes too high My pressure is good Stays the same as before

94SupraTT said:
I have the same issue. I replaced my laterals and standpipe but still have the issue. What else could cause this?

this is getting good :) My 2hp motor is fine..... I called the local Motor place in my city and the guy happens to be a pool guy in the business for 30+ years and he says that it's not my motor and it's my Filter.

so when I saw your reply I had to chuckle :) I'm preying it's not my filter Because I don't know how I would get in there to change those laterals (Going to be fun)

I'm willing to bet it is the motor though

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.