How to add salt

tcmdo

Platinum Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Jul 30, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
Hello All. After getting my pool chemistry stabilized (pH 7.6 TA 90 CH 320 FC 3 CC 0.5 CYA 80) SWG was started by pool co today. They dumped salt in around 930 am. Taylot salt test puts ppm at around 26-2800ppm. Pool calculator recommends 150lbs of salt to bring it to 3200ppm (which as per pool builder, I need it to be to turn on Hayward CO2 sense and dispense system). 2 questions:

1. Can I dump all that salt at once, or space it out?(I know you are supposed to brush it towards main filter drain)

2. How long after dumping should i retest salt level? (I know to keep the filter running )

Thanks in advance for the help!!

Todd :cheers:

You can just dump it in and brush. I usually walk around the pool pouring it in. And then brush the pool once and it is all gone.

Solar salt is cheaper than the pool salt.

You likely need to leave the pump running to mix the salt in for 24 hours before turning on the system.

JasonLion said:
You can put it all in at once. Leave the pump running for 24 hours before retesting. If you have a SWG, turn it off or set to zero percent for 24 hours.

Thank you Jason and Jason(jbizzle) for your immediate (as usual) and incredibly helpful replies! Greatly appreciated! Also, big shout out to Jason Lion for the pool calculator! It is always dead on accurate with adjustments and makes owning and maintaining this pool so easy!!!! Also, TF100 test kit is a must have in my opinion! This site is the best! :cheers:

todd

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.