intex pool first year on SWG, GREEN POOL! HELP!

UnderWaterVanya said:
ffmedicwife1997 said:
Ph is up from 7.2 this morning to 7.4 and now TA went from 270 to 275. One quick question I thought a few people put on here don't worry about testing it with the vinyl index pools.

Was the TA measured using 10ml or 25ml? If 10ml your precision is only 25ppm so it is not odd that it reports as 275.

Also there is no need to measure the TA every day in my opinion. You should measure at least every few days while you are working on lowering TA to see progress but if you measure daily you may feel like you aren't making progress. pH is more of a daily thing - particularly while you are lowering TA.

It was done using 10 ml. And I stopped testing it everyday. I figured every couple of days test that. My ph came back up to 7.8 and TA. At last test was 250

Bully said:
I ended up buying a catfish after reading this thread. We had a lot of calcium buildup on our spa (waterfall) from the previous
owners keeping the pool out of balance. I used a chisel and hammer and cleaned it all up, leaving pieces all over the pool. The catfish
did an EXCELLENT job of cleaning it all up! I was amazed at how much suction it has. Thanks for the heads up!

Your welcome it doesn't take at all to vacuum. It's our new best friend!!!

I LoVE my catfish! Put it on the pole (shortened of course) grab the mask and snorkle and vacuum to my lil ole hearts content. Wish it was that much fun to vacuum the house. . . .

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

Well a short update my TA keeps coming down slowly by about 5 ppm a day. Im at 225 now. We had some storms go thorugh a little while ago i hd to go out and reset my pump and swg because of a short power failure. But if you want to know here are my test results for today..figured i would test since i was out there. I have not had to add any liquid chlorine in awhile my SWG seems to be keeping up with it on its own

FC 7
CC 0
PH 7.6
TA 225
Salt 3200 but its not sreaming at me lol

Just need to get one of the kids to get in the pool tomorrow and vacuum it out and we are good

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
linen said:
The intex manual I am looking at says "ideal" salt level is 3000 ppm, but your 3200 is just about ideal according to our swg recommendations.

If it's not complaining don't worry about it.

Thanks linen. Like I said its not yelling I'm not worrying about it. Just hoping we can get our hands on an under water patch for the bottom of the pool and that it works! Anyone ever have have to patch underwater before?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.