In the Swim Liquid Bleach

It's actually 73% Cal-Hypo. Not liquid chlorine at all. Nothing different about it than Cal-hypo powder, except some fancy marketing. Trying to fake people out by saying it's liquid chlorine. It's higher priced than Cal-hypo "shock" too. $21 for 4 lbs of this or $22 for 6 lbs of Cal-Hypo "shock".

I have never heard of this product but if it is calhypo like you say do not use it in your vinyl pool. Calhypo disolves slow and will settle to the bottom of your pool and can damage your vinyl. Calhypo will add calcium to your pool and the calcium level should be between 200-400 ppm. Calhypo can cause cloudy water

but if it is calhypo like you say do not use it in your vinyl pool.
Once you understand the side effects of Cal Hypo, it is fine to use........within reason. The whole idea in BBB is to understand why and when you put things in your pool and what they do (sometimes both good and bad) when you put them there.

And to think I came up here on TFP to ask this question exactly. Thanks for the answers guys, I was chuckling as I read the description for this product in the recent "In The Swim" catalog. "Easy to use powdered chlorine mixture" .... hmmmm ... what do they mean by "mixture"?? :roll:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.