running filter..what's the safe minimum?

spf30

Apr 28, 2009
Hanna City, IL
Had to open earlier than planned, and hate the thought of running the filter without it being warm enough to swim. I understand until I get the pool water 'stable', I need to run it 24/7 (just opened today). But once it's up and running, what's the minimum amt of time I need for the water to safely cycle through filter, etc. Obviously, I will do it as much as needed to prevent algae, etc., but hate to run up a bill needlessly! Thanks!'

There is no set answer. We generally advise that one runs the pump long enough to turn the water over completely at least once daily. One way to figure out how much run time you need is for you to back off of the run time a little each day until your pool water starts to look a little dull. Once the water is looking dull, you have reached the point where you are not running the pump long enough to keep the water clean. Increase the run time at that point to the point where your water stays sparkly and that is your minimum run time.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.