The helpfulness? of Leslies

jblizzle

TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Moderator Emeritus
May 19, 2010
Tucson, AZ
So, I happened to see a coupon for 15% off and free shipping for 1 item from Leslies in my inbox.

Since I am in the market for a new 2-speed pump, I checked the website, did not find any listed, so sent them this email:

"I do not see Pentair Superflo on your website. Are they available? How much for #340042 ... 1HP 2-speed"

Just got this response today:

"Item #40033 Pentair Intelliflo VS Pump w/ Timer $1,199.99
The IntelliFlo® VS high performance pump is the first programmable, variable speed technology pump that allows programming of four different speeds (each between 400 and 3,450 RPMs) for four different jobs."

Great!!! Thanks for pasting in your sales brochure and telling me the price of a pump that is listed on your website that I did not ask about and costs ~$700 more than the pump I am looking for. :shock:

And it is a wonder that I try to avoid them. :rant:

I just recently bought a salt system from them and 20 bags of salt (per the salesman's calculations). I only ended up needing 15 bags so I took the other 5 back. I was told that all chemical sales were final and no returns. (They consider salt a chemical) Was told I will need it eventually so just keep it. It's not that it's a lot of money, but kind of a pain in the butt to have 5 extra bags of salt laying around. Next time I'll just go to one of the box stores where they'll take anything back.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.