will s.w. generator solve green pool issue?

Feb 7, 2012
i am in southern mexico and for some reason there is a lot of iron in the water this year.every time i add chlorine the water turns green.never had the problem in the past and many people here are having the same problem.i can put a clarifier in and then vacumn out the sediment to waste but then have to add more water and back to sqaure one.will a salt system stop this?thanks

No not really. A SWG will allow you to run at slightly lower FC levels, which will reduce the frequency of green from iron, but not eliminate it. If you have access to metal sequestrant, I would recommend using that. Another approach is to keep the PH at the very low end of the acceptable range, but that can require a lot of work. Some people have had success shocking the pool to cause the iron to crystalize and using clarifier to get it to filter out, but that is not a reliable/predictable approach, it works sometimes and doesn't work others.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.