And I'm Off... B -> C

No worries what so ever. All I used in my conversion was walmart brand.

If my memory serves me correct anyways chlorine itself is a deep yellow anyways.

frogabog said:
How's the filter looking? Got much goo?

I have back-flushed it a few times, but really nothing too crazy. I know our baqua levels were really low as they never took hold all year, so I am guessing that is the reason for not a lot of goo. Now yesterday I did sweep the walls and quite a bit of white mold or the starting of algae (since we didn't put anything at all in it for a week or so) was covering the top, but that is since all washed through the skimmer. Probably will vacuum again this evening.

Went to bed last night at 15 FC and woke up at 14. Was away all day and now it is at 6 (expected since it was crazy hot today). I will bring it back to 15 as soon as the sun lets up a bit. Guess I need to find some stabilizer and start the next steps. Pool is looking better already. Greenish yet but clearing.
[attachment=0:2kfpgmm8]IMAG0313.jpg[/attachment:2kfpgmm8]
[attachment=1:2kfpgmm8]IMAG0312.jpg[/attachment:2kfpgmm8]
[attachment=2:2kfpgmm8]IMAG0311.jpg[/attachment:2kfpgmm8]

Attachments

• IMAG0311.jpg
    IMAG0311.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 46
  • IMAG0312.jpg
    IMAG0312.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 46
  • IMAG0313.jpg
    IMAG0313.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 46

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
So 6 pounds should give you a CYA value of 30ppm.

That means you can lower your shock level to 13ppm once the CYA is fully dissolved, YAY! Minimum is 2ppm, high target is 6ppm (daily levels after the pool is clear). When you do the OCLT again, make sure you do it at shock level as opposed to the min/max for daily maintenance. The water is not yet quite clear, so don't drop below shock level till it is. Passing the OCLT with cloudy water still indicates that you aren't quite done. The last thing you want to do now is stop shocking too early.

You just might win the quickest conversion award this season (if there was one...) :~}

Thanks for the reply. I am still shocking and it was at 10 FC's a few hours ago, but we are having crazy storms here now (rain/lightning), so I am staying away from outside including the pool. :-D I will get back to full shock level tomorrow, but I expect the rain is going to make this fun (still down-pouring and has been for a few hours now.

You are right, it isn't quite clear yet. There is still a green tint, but it is very exciting to see it even at this point after the miserable year we had.

This rain is getting a little crazy. The pool is about to overflow and of course I just put CYA in over the weekend. An extra 1K gallons of water in a few days makes this extra fun I guess... :grrrr:

In good news, the pool is even more clear today than the prev. I would upload a pic, but it is still raining bad outside, so the clarity wouldn't really show...

They don't seem to far from me. Wonder what would happen if I use some baqua shock in their pool right now. :)

Can't wait for photos. Stinks getting the pool this clean right before closing doesn't it.

The rain continues, and hard. It kills me to do, but I had to put about 4" of water to waste so far this morning and I am still only at the top of the skimmer. There goes all my chemicals. :-D

[attachment=0:bsyf7ctx]IMAG0315.jpg[/attachment:bsyf7ctx]

I haven't put anything in since the start of this 6 days of solid rain we are to get, so I am sure when it stops, I will have some work to do, but it is still looking more clear every day.

Here is the difference from a few days ago...
[attachment=2:bsyf7ctx]IMAG0311.jpg[/attachment:bsyf7ctx]

And today...
[attachment=1:bsyf7ctx]IMAG0316.jpg[/attachment:bsyf7ctx]
(don't worry, I got the frog out as well)

Attachments

• IMAG0311.jpg
    IMAG0311.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 22
  • IMAG0316.jpg
    IMAG0316.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 22
  • IMAG0315.jpg
    IMAG0315.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 22
Just wanted to give a final posting to the conversion. Pool looks perfect. It is just crazy thinking we spent an entire season trying to use Baquacil to get this type of water and it literally took me less than 2 weeks w/ chlorine (including conversion).

Thank you everyone for the help.

Current test readings:

FC 8
CC 0
CYA 50 (may be a little more/less as this is my first stab at that one with a true reading)
PH 7.5

Final Pic:
[attachment=0:3owk1zsw]IMAG0317.jpg[/attachment:3owk1zsw]

Attachments

• IMAG0317.jpg
    IMAG0317.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 14

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.