IntelliChlor IC40

Aug 31, 2011
We recently purchased a home that has a salt water pool. We are very good about taking our water to get tested at our local pool store to find out which chemicals need to be added, etc. About 2 days ago, we noticed that none of the lights were on while the pump was running. The guy at the pool store suggested that we poor acid through the pump to clean it out & then replace it & see if that would work. That didn't work, so then we checked the fuse in the power center box & that fuse was old & no longer working, so we then replaced it. Now, after doing all that the box is still not lighting up & when I powered my pumps back on after replacing the fuse .. a burnt smell, along with a little bit of smoke & some brown thick liquid substance bubbled up from the top (on the side of where the lights on the box) came out of the intellichlor ic40. What is going on!? Has anyone ever had this problem?? In case I do need to replace my IC40 .. where can I get a good deal on it?? Thanks!

Pool Info:
Gallons: 14,300
Dimensions: 16x32

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.