Winter pool pics idea

Shabba tried that accidentally when the pool first started freezing over as she had taken to walking down the steps and drinking the pool water. She tried drinking some to find it frozen, and then discovered that if she put a paw on the ice, it sank and she could get water. When it froze enough that a paw couldn't push it down, she put both front paws on ice, which then broke and she went in head first! :lol:

She took to dropping a ball on the ice so it would roll across and then we had to use the net to get it off. Nice game. :roll:

It will be interesting to watch her with the pool once the snow starts to melt this spring. We'll have to keep an eye on her though since she hasn't been formally introduced to swimming.

Does Shabba have free access to the pool? IOW, it's not fenced in? You'll want to be careful that she doesn't fall in or break through the ice and not be able to get out. She could die from hypothermia within minutes.

JasonLion said:
That is a URL of a page that contains an image, not a link directly to the image. Further, I believe that Picasa does not allow direct links to their images on other sites. So even if you could get the URL to the image I don't think it would work.

I use photobucket.com - it's free too and works fine on the site. They also have slideshows, etc.

AnnaK said:
Who could possibly resist? Here's our pool in winter.

photo

AnnaK,

I saw your picture, Is that the same dog that is in your avatar? He looks taller when he has a ball in his mouth.

Here is our winter pond....we are in Ohio. I'm counting the days until Spring :)

Chris

Attachments

• snow pool.jpg
    snow pool.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 58
JCJR said:
I saw your picture, Is that the same dog that is in your avatar? He looks taller when he has a ball in his mouth.

Different dogs. The one in my Avatar is Old Jake, age 14. He's a rescue and we've always thought that part of his ancestry is seal. The one walking on water is Pax, the Golden Boy :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.