Hayward chlorine feeder oring

The better quality o-rings are made of Viton and will last longer in the harsh environment of high chlorine, highly acidic (low PH), and frequent removed area of the chlorinator.
The less expensive o-rings will work but won't last as long.
If you buy the cheaper o-rings, then buy 3 or 4. :)

PSG

Welcome to TFP!!

The part # is CL200-K.\

You can pick up a less expensive SP1500-P that is that same size, but not as durable - since I assume you'll only use the CL220 when on vacation, it should be fine.

Free tip: if one of the hoses is long enough, take the chlorinator out when you don't need it (use one of the hoses to connect the in and out nipples). let the unit dry and store it in a shaded ~ controlled temp area and only hook it back up when you need to use it. :)

I put the chlorine feeder back in line as a backup. Three weeks (installed end of may ) after I installed my autopilot the tri-sensor flow sensor broke and I just recieved the new one yesterday.
Up and running again. Part was on back order because of factory damage in Japan. Dont know why it broke so fast.

I installed a Hayward CL200 chlorine feeder on my above ground pool last summer. I had to replace the o ring before the season was over and paid $24.99 for a genuine Hayward replacement part CLX200 K and when I was ready to open my pool this spring, the o ring is stretched out (just like the original) and is too big to fit In the groove to allow the lid to seal. I did not put any lube on the o ring either time. My water is balanced and crystal clear.....Can anyone tell me what's happening? A $25 o ring every couple of months kind of negates the convenience of an automatic feeder.
The better quality o-rings are made of Viton and will last longer in the harsh environment of high chlorine, highly acidic (low PH), and frequent removed area of the chlorinator.
The less expensive o-rings will work but won't last as long.
If you buy the cheaper o-rings, then buy 3 or 4. :)

PSG

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.