First time to vacumn

RBLAKE

Jul 3, 2011
Tried to vacumn the bottom of the pool today and lost pressure when i hooked up the hose. I quickly urned off the pump. I then filled the hose with water and attached it to the round plate that fits down into the skimmer which has an elboe coming from the top. I turned the pump back on and lost pressure again. The pump was sucking real hard.

I have a Hayward sp1510 pump and a Pacific Fab sand filter and one of those contoller things where you can back wash/waste/filter.

It is a real trick&it take's two hand's&be quick...First Have the hose already hook'd up&have the plate at the skimmer..take hose & put to return while pump running..Let the water run through hose till vacuum drop's back under water..Do this to get all air out of line.Then keep hose in one hand&keep under water&with the other hand take plate&put into skimmer at the same time take hose&hook to plate...Ok..make sure your skimmer handle is down in the basket rim..You will get a sucking noise around the plate..Just take&lift it up a little till you get the plate center'd,..That work's for me..

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.