Droid App - Wrote my Own

A few things I see

I put in 7.5 as my ph and it says it is too high. Add 0.0 of 31.45 to bring ph to 0.0

Similar things on TA, CYA, CH,

CH was at 350 and said too high. Replace 100% of your pool water

CYA was 40. Said CYA is too high and replay 100% of water

TA at 110 and said too high. Lower TA with acid to 0.0 then aerate to increase pH

Tracking multiple pools would be useful. The default is great for 1 pool. If I watch 50, its a nuisance changing the defaults. Example: Default, Jones1, Smith1, Jones2, Jason1, chemgeek1,.... Different pools have different goals/needs.

Sending results via email/SMS to multiple recipients, like myself, the homeowner for Jones1.

Scott

Think I found one- just a wording issue

On the Advice screen, regarding a need to lower my TA (is 110, targeting 80), it says:

"Lower TA with acid to 7.5, then aerate to increase PH"

I thought the process was "To lower TA, lower PH with acid to 7.2, then aerate to increase PH"

UPDATE:

I have updated SimplePool with the following changes:

* Clinking the “More Info” button underneath the individual suggestions under the Advice page will now show additional options for performing the recommended adjustment.

* When entering adjustments, SimplePool will now show the estimated effect of the adjustment (ex. entering 144 oz (vol) of 6% bleach, for a pool configured as having a volume of 30k gallons, will show, “Increased FC by 2.3 and Salt by 2.8.”)

As always, any suggestions or bug reports would be greatly appreciated.

-Ken-

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
on the salt part.. Defaults set low to 3200 and high as 3500... I done a measure and put in 3000 as my current and then went to advice -- told to add 40lbs to achieve 3350 ppm ... Think it should get you to your low setting first .. just my thoughts.. But I see what you are doing as far as the formula -- taking the low/high average. Easier to error on the low side and not add too much.. Just trying to "Dummy" proof it.

other suggestion: make a pro version to handle more than 2 pools -- I know there is more lines of code needed to handle the multiple inputs and keep it separated. Average person will handle their pool and maybe their parents/family. Just trying to make it cost effective for your time and hard work put in to it..

dremin2flyhi,

You are correct, I am taking the midpoint between the ranges for the suggested levels and calculating the suggestion from that point.
I realize some people may want to run to the "high side" of the range and some may want to run to the "low side."
I have not figured out how to provide that functionality (so that is reletively inuitive for a novice to use.)
believe me, I am open to suggestions!

I have "adding the capability to run more than one pool" on my todo list.
Honestly, it is not that hard to do.
I am waiting until I get a a little more functionality fleshed out (and tested) before I tackle that.

Up next is
- CSI/LSI index.
- Assuming last test (if not recorded) is still applicable (ex CYA, TA)
- Adding the effect of adjustments to the charts (so you can see the relationship between what you measure and what you adjust)

Thanks again for taking time to respond!
I really appreciate it.

-Ken-

*IMPORTANT*
This version includes a major database update.
If you encounter any errors, please completely uninstall and reinstall the application.

Changes:

* When recording Adjustments, SimplePool will now show you what effect those adjustments will have on your pool chemistry.

* For the purposes of the Advice screen, the last recorded valid measurement will be used. For example, if you measure CYA once per month, and FC daily, the Advice screen will assume the last recorded CYA value is still accurate (until it is measured again.)

* A CSI index has been added to the Advice screen.

As always, any suggestions or bug reports would be greatly appreciated.

-Ken-

Planning on upgrading to a Droid at the end of the month. My pool is in the back corner of my property and it's always a hassle to test the water and have to walk back into the house and log on the laptop to enter my numbers into the pool calculator to figure the amount of BBB to use. Since I always have my phone with me, having this app would be a big time saver.

UPDATE:

The Advice screen has been modified to show the most recent date a measurement for a specific level was recorded.

Now that SimplePool "remembers" your last valid measurement, I have added the test date for the specific levels to the advice screen.

Thanks for everyones feedback.

-Ken-

Ken, Can you edit the OP (first post) and include a suggestion/bug list. Strike/mark completed items. That way, as we are helping you, we have one place to go to see if a suggestion/bug has already been mentioned.

Three suggestions:
1. Add friendly alerts/reminders, at the top of the advice page or flashing button on main page, ie, "You have not tested TA in 20 days. Recommend testing", "You have not tested PH in 8 days. What is you problem :hammer: ", "You have not tested Chlorine in 33 days. Enjoy your Green Swamp :mrgreen: " Time frame from TFP recommendation or user adjustable.

2. Much harder and I assume you would have to work with the forum host. Allow a user to store TFP login info, click a button and submit data to TFP. TFP could display the statistical results of that data. Show how many pools your app is tracking, types, consumption rates, borate comparison. Yes, a lot of work but it would be cool to actually see the statistics.

3. Another difficult idea that I have not thought through yet. Add an optional price tracker so you can calculate annual cost.

Very cool app :cheers: Do you plan on providing a reduced function, ad supported free version? :mrgreen:

Thanks sixn3is7,

Ken, Can you edit the OP (first post) and include a suggestion/bug list. Strike/mark completed items.
Good idea, I will do this soon.

Add friendly alerts/reminders, at the top of the advice page or flashing button on main page, ie, "You have not tested TA in 20 days. Recommend testing"....
Good idea, added to my TODO list.

Allow a user to store TFP login info, click a button and submit data to TFP. TFP could display the statistical results of that data.
Interesting... but probably not going to happen any time soon.

Another difficult idea that I have not thought through yet. Add an optional price tracker so you can calculate annual cost.
Actually, I have this on my TODO list. This will probably happen sooner then later.

Very cool app Do you plan on providing a reduced function, ad supported free version?
Honestly, I don't know what I am going to do yet with regards to this yet. I really depends on how much critical mass this app gererates.

Thanks so much for taking the time to respond.
Your input helps me greatly!

-Ken-

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.