Jandy mulit color light problem

MrDude

May 8, 2009
Tracy,California
When I go to turn on the light "using the light switch" It flashes brite but then goes dim and stays like that, dont matter what color. The light is about 3 years old...just wondering if it could be the light it going out or maybe wiring? any ideas or tips to figure it out. Thanks

Hi folks, I don't know if this will help anyone, but I found an easy fix today with the help of a pool tech. The problem I had been having with my colored lights (about three years old) is that no matter what color I selected, the white light would go on, then off, and the lights would stay dark - no color. I called the technician at my pool company, and he said that sometimes with the Jandy lights, if there has been any kind of power outage or flicker, the light controller can become "confused" and be unable to activate the colored lights. The fix for this? Turn on the color light function, select "color splash" and let that cycle for a few minutes. Apparently, Jandy built in a "reset" for the brain behind the lights, and activating "color splash" triggers that reset (kind of like rebooting a computer). I tried it, and it works like a charm - all of my color lights now work fine. Hope this helps someone.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.