Newbie SWG and copper plumbing question

Welcome to TFP!

No not really true. You can't use copper pipe with ocean water, but at the salt levels used with modern SWGs (around 3,000 ppm) there isn't a problem. The largest danger with copper pipe is making sure the PH never goes below 7.0.

I've never tested the pool water for Cu ions but isn't there a "possibility" of Cu depositing on one of the SWG cells electrodes? BTW I've only heard that from the Leslie's Pool folks. Can I ask this question differently? Has anyone with SWG and Cu plumbing run into cell issues?

Again thanks in advance!

There is a lot of copper in most pool heaters, so many many pools with a SWG have at least a little copper plumbing and there have never been problems. There are also many other ways for copper to get into the water, for example copper compounds are often used as algaecides, and those products have been used in a large number of pools with SWG, and again no problems involving the SWG and copper have been reported.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.