Spa pump operation

Jun 14, 2011
New Jersey
Hey Guys, I read some of the Pool School and hope that I am not asking the wrong question. I understand I might need to show pictures but as it is dark outside I am hoping someone might have an idea without it. I have a pool with an attached hot tub. It has a small overflow where water gets in and out of the spa into the pool. I have a timer that turns on the pool filter and vacuum but can not figure out how to operate the filter for the spa. There is a switch for the spa pump but I can turn it on or off manually only as far as i can see. Does this make sense? and do I then need to manually turn it on and off and if so how different would this be from the pool? I am new to pools, just bought a house in april and had it opened last weekend. I have a salt water pool with polaris vaccuum and Jandy filter, chlorinator and all that other stuff. It is a salt water pool.

Welcome to TFP!
The spa should spill over into the pool during normal operation; that way the water in the spa is continually circulated and filtered. A picture of the equipment area would help, if you need some more assistance figuring it out. Sorry it took so long to get you a response!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.