To bump or not to bump?

Aquatica

Platinum Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Jun 26, 2010
Nassau, Bahamas
just wondering..as bumping might put more stress on the manifolds and they might crack sooner. If pressure is high its probably better to backwash than to bump. or should we be bumping on a weekly basis?

Bumping is fine - just be sure to open the air relief valve for ~ 5 seconds, then close it, before you bump. (air compresses, water doesn't, so let some of the air out to keep the tube sheets from breaking) :)

Check out this thread from Pool School's Further Reading for info on caring for DE filters.

waste said:
Bumping is fine - just be sure to open the air relief valve for ~ 5 seconds, then close it, before you bump. (air compresses, water doesn't, so let some of the air out to keep the tube sheets from breaking) :)

Check out this thread from Pool School's Further Reading for info on caring for DE filters.

Many thanks. :goodjob:

waste said:
ALWAYS here for you :cheers: (any chance you'll need a helper anytime soon? - Maine winters are a LOT worse than Connecticut or Virginia's :p ) and we LOVE the Bahamas :-D

cold I know! :shock: still building the biz. I think I can handle 100 pools..then will see where I go from there.

looking to sell part or all of biz in 8 years and move to Florida and open another biz there.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.