Hello from Tampa

May 17, 2011
Hello everyone. What a great site!!! I've spent hours on here already Which is good and bad...lol.

Well we don't actually have a pool yet. We had talked about it for years and finally decided now is the time! We are super excited with a little bit of being absolutely terrified thrown in for good measure ;) We are still in the bidding process. We have met with several local contractors but so far only have a quote from one.

We haven't decided on the all the details just yet but here are our initial thoughts.

Pool Details
In-ground pool/spa combination
Size - 10' or 11' by 23' - 25' - We have small back yard
Depth - 3'6"-5'
Salt
In-Floor Cleaning System
Filter - Leaning towards Cartridge rather than DE
Automation of some sort
LED Lights
Interior Finish: Haven't decided yet

I look forward to getting to know everyone! I'm sure I will have a ton of questions during this process. Thanks in advance for all your help and advice.

Only thing I see for you to think about is the in-floor cleaning system. They typically cost thousands and some love them, some don't.

I think part of the questions you should ask yourself depends on the type and quantity of debris entering your pool. I'm over on the other coast, and while I was going toward in-floor, I opted for using the limited budget for automation/SWG/variable speed pump (you may want other bells & whistles). I don't regret the choice as there is very little that ends up in the pool. Again, this is a location dependent thing (IMO).

BTW, welcome

Nothing wrong with what you are looking at. A small pool has many advantages like less to keep up and cost less to operate. I look forward to your pool build. You can look at out pool build in the sig for ideas. Welcome :wave: