New from Minnesota

mickmurph

Jun 26, 2023
Minnesota
Hello,

We are in Minnesota and just signed on the dotted line for an 18x40 vinyl pool. We aren't doing anything too fancy, maybe some deck jets and looking for a great slide for our kids, ages 7 and 3. The Turbo Twister is in the running and we haven't decided our depth or really much of anything yet. Happy to hear any and all advice on what to do/not to do when building a pool. This will be mostly a family pool for our kids and relatives, kids' friends, etc. and we just want to make great family memories. Likely doing a chlorine with UV, our daughter reacts poorly to salt water pools for some reason. Thanks all!

Oh, geez. I'm already reading in here that having a supplemental UV system is a really dumb idea. So, we should skip that? I read somewhere that people aren't doing saltwater pools as much anymore. Is this something else we'll regret if we don't do a salt water pool?! Help!

Welcome to TFP! :wave: Since this is your welcome/intro thread, I would recommend starting anew thread in the forum below just for your pool build. That way we can address all you questions in one place. :) Enjoy the forum. :swim: