2HP Pool Pump died (gently used or rebuild existing?)

From_Arizona

LifeTime Supporter
May 8, 2007
Glendale, AZ
:cry:

We had a pool party on Saturday and wouldn't you know it... the poll pump died! I am now researching what type of pump to replace it and see many 'gently' used pumps for sale on craigslist or maybe re-build the motor? I am on an extremely tight budget now and must get something to get my water circulating again.

Any advise on either rebuilding the motor or what to look for in a used pump?

It has been a while since I have posted and need to update my picture... no longer have the house with the pool I built. Luckily still have a pool to enjoy, at least when I am not stressing on it turning green w/o a working pump :grrrr: Have been using my TFT kit and the pool water was looking great, now adding chemicals and brushing to mix the last 2 days.

Bama Rambler

Mod Squad
TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Jun 22, 2009
SouthWest Alabama
Without knowing anything about your pool it's impossible to make a suggestion on a different pump, so the only thing I can suggest is to rebuild the one you have unless you can find an exact replacement used.

From_Arizona

LifeTime Supporter
May 8, 2007
Glendale, AZ
Sorry, just rebuilt my signature as the details were from my last pool. This is a completely new pool to me as I just started maintaining it the last couple weeks. Have to go out and pull more details from the equipment later today. Definintely a plunge in the deep end when you don't know much about the pool and the pump motor dies! It sound like we will pull the motor and have it rebuilt...

I look forward to getting it pumping again and when I have more funds available, getting a quality pump and auto chlorination added. Loved my salt pool, but when the chemicals are in balance the chlorine pool isn't bad at all.