27'AG install in Kentucky in 10 days! With additional Patio and Deck build!

Is that section by the patio with a low pool wall going to be a concern?

Oh YES!!!! It has been a concern from day 1. We plan to attach some vinyl pool fencing like in the pic below.
We aren't sure how many sections we will put on just yet. We wanted to wait until the deck was in place to see just what was going to be necessary. Ultimately, the whole pool will be completely secure by the time all is said and done!

That looks like a very nice addition/solution. And kids won't be able to throw each other out so easily too as a bonus.

It's a round pool too. So there will be lots of whirlpools and the water level will "mysteriously" drop after a group of kids uses the pool.

On Saturday we completed the white trim on the stairs and around the base of the deck.
May 25, 2019

Loving how that white pops!!! The gate is still on backorder. Earliest expected date is June 7. The gate will go at the bottom of the stairs. We also need to do some of the white pool fencing to protect the low side as discussed earlier. And we're still not sure what we will eventually do about skirting. We are pretty satisfied for now! I think we will focus on some landscaping to clean up the area. And, of course, enjoy the beautiful deck and pool!

Attachments

• IMG_3508 (Small).JPG
    IMG_3508 (Small).JPG
    138.5 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I just realized I never added pictures once the gate was installed...
IMG_8835 (Small).jpg
IMG_8834 (Small).jpg
Trex aluminum gate
IMG_8836 (Small).jpg
With Trex locking latch
IMG_8977 (Small).JPG
And the last touch we added for the 2019 swim season was some solar-powered lighting for those kid-free late evening swims :love:
I'm already dreaming of the upcoming swim season! But it will be a couple months yet until we can swim.

• Love
Reactions: kimkats
Thank you kimkats, ratflinger, and YippeeSkippy! So I've been considering... since I'm just dying to open the pool and get things rolling... this year we should make another major addition...
Year 1 was the pool and paver patio
Year 2 was the deck
Year 3 I'm thinking a heater to extend the swim season!

I started a thread in the appropriate area of the forum asking for recommendations on a heater from those with experience/input to share. Only got a rew of replies, a couple of them contained good links and information.

We can't decide between heat pump or propane heater (we use propane to heat the house so it's already on the property).
Anyone here have any input?
Thanks in advance!
Alyssa

High level, propane will be more expensive and a heat pump will work when its warm out to keep pool up to "operating temperature". For me that would ideally be 85. A heat pump will be of less value to extend the season. Meaning that they are less efficient in cooler weather. With a heat pump you can't heat up on the spur of the moment (like 12 hours in advance) in cool weather, for an unexpected pool party.

I only like to swim when its about 75 or above outside. So a heat pump in that situation, and for long term temperature stability, is good.

@|1|tara|1| Thank you! Every bit of the work was worth it! The second swim season was exponentially better with the deck in place. The first summer we had to sit on the patio (which felt like we were below the pool) and couldn't see in easily to watch the kids. And the kids tracked so much stuff into the pool on their feet. (Think paver patio filled with gritty sand between the pavers, and MUD surrounding the construction area - you get that!) And climbing up and over the A frame ladder.... All these factors quickly brought us to the resolution of building the deck for year 2. Using Trex products means the deck will likely outlast the pool. Now to make the right decision about the heater.... :scratch:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.