Your Pool - from SPACE

I would like to post a pic of our pool from space but I cannot make a copy from google maps. Can one of you guys who posted a pic help me :cheers: :cheers:

Hey Kevin, thanks for improving my property, it is now ready for Donald Trump to come buy. At least you didn't add some blond babes, I'd really be in trouble. Cool mods! thanks.

Brentr, I captured the image from google earth like this (Windows Vista)
- Hold down the CTRL and ALT keys, and while holding them hit the "PRT SC" key (print screen, copies what is displayed on the screen)
- Open "Paint", which comes with most recent Windows versions, or some other image SW.
- Select Edit.Paste which will copy what was captured via Prt Sc into Paint.
- Use the "crop" function in Paint to isolate just the portion of the image you'd like.
- File.Save As.. A .JPG file, which you can now use to upload to the forum here.

Roland

Roland thank you for your help. I have XP and it worked fine but somehow I do not have a crop feature. The Flamingo Lounge is the white roof and the Dolphin Bar and Grill is to the left of it. I wished our pool color came out blue and not black, maybe it is the screen :(
You can also see and outline of the solar panels on the south east part of the roof. Here is our pic from space :cheers: :cheers:

CopyofsatilliteimageofourhouseMedium.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Melt In The Sun said:
Google Earth seems to have a function where they update areas with very old imagery if lots of people start looking at it all of a sudden.

We did a job in SE Alaska last summer in the middle of nowhere. In the planning stages, we did a lot of Google Earth-ing around the area, but the imagery wasn't good. After a few dozen people were looking at this one spot all the time, they updated the imagery, which meant we had to re-do a bunch of work! Much better results though. It could have just been a coincedence, but Google is pretty smart about such things so I suspect they were paying attention.

That's interesting ... our GIS department had to contact them to let them know there was updated imagery available of the area near the new airport where we are developing. I'm assuming all of your searches were from just one ISP and IP address? I've google-earthed my first pool and it still shows my car and truck in the driveway - and I left there 2 years ago! :roll:

Flotsam said:
RobbieH said:
My pool from space. And those leaves aren't my fault, that picture was taken while the previous owner was here :)

Yeah Yeah - we've all heard about the "leaves from the previous owner" story. LOL !! :lol: Just kiddin' Robbie! Good looking "pond"!!

We love it. Our new big yard makes the pool look little! When we finally moved in, the previous owners let the pool go green. TFP saved us a TON of money, and we NEVER had a "pool guy". I learned so much from here it really saved us!

We are part of a sport called "Rock Crawling". You build highly custom or at least highly modified rigs to go .5 mph on huge rocks. There are as many bad companies or shops doing the same thing to the people in our sport as the pool community that I knew there must be a better way. Sure enough, here TFP is. BTW, in our world, if you ever want to look it up, find pirate4x4.com

Thanks!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.