a question regarding CSI

Jul 2, 2009
Elk Grove, CA
I reduced my TA down to ~50ppm to compensate for a drifting pH. The only issue I have is my CSI seems extremely off now, appr. -0.30 to -0.40 depending on pH and water temp. Here are my number right now:

FC = 7
pH = 7.8
TA = 50
CH = 280
CYA = 40
Borates = 50
CSI = -0.26
Temp 75F

If my pH drifts to 8.0, which it still does but now it takes longer, then if I lower pH to 7.6, CSI is -0.39. Those values should soon be offset a little (0.05 to 1.0 for 80 and 85F water, respectively) when the temp rises today and tomorrow now that the rain and cold have moved out of Northern Cal :party:

Are these CSI values harmful to the pool? I do have some scaling on the tiles, but that was there last June 1 when we bought the home. The chemistry was probably out of wack for sometime, and it was a foreclosure. They were using hockey pucks when I bought it, and I quickly switched to BBB. Only issue has been pH drift.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.