2021 Bullfrog R7 Hot Tub Lighting Issue

Ultrasport

Jan 5, 2022
North Carolina
Unfortunatly the Bullfrog Light system only has a 1 year warranty for lights that just expired. My problem only the white light comes on, It used to scroll through many colors and now I just get white.
Any suggestions what may be causing this and how I can repair this ?

Hi there Ultrasport... welcome to Trouble Free Pools (and spas :) )

I wouldn't be surprised if the light bulb was wonky. Have you priced a replacement or called Bullfrog to ask them if they can tell you what's wrong? Sometimes if you're just out of date a little for warranty some companies are gracious enough to provide repair or at least the light. Worth a call, IMO.

Maddie :flower:

Unfortunatly the Bullfrog Light system only has a 1 year warranty for lights that just expired. My problem only the white light comes on, It used to scroll through many colors and now I just get white.
Any suggestions what may be causing this and how I can repair this ?
We are having the same problem. Did you learn anything new? Went to retailer. Going to try replacing gold box light module. Will let you know if that works. Cost is 97.99. Trying to avoid service call $$$

Hi there Ultrasport... welcome to Trouble Free Pools (and spas :) )

I wouldn't be surprised if the light bulb was wonky. Have you priced a replacement or called Bullfrog to ask them if they can tell you what's wrong? Sometimes if you're just out of date a little for warranty some companies are gracious enough to provide repair or at least the light. Worth a call, IMO.

Maddie :flower:
Based on a recent situation my friends had with Bullfrog I would not count on them being gracious. Still like their products, just would not call them gracious.

We are having the same problem. Did you learn anything new? Went to retailer. Going to try replacing gold box light module. Will let you know if that works. Cost is 97.99. Trying to avoid service call $$$

This is where I would start. If you have white light, your bulb is OK (the R, G and B diodes are lighting up).

So either it is the light controller, or your main spa pack.

Thank you for the reply. We tried the gold box but that was not it as you said, light was working, just no color. Thought this wasn’t under warranty anymore but when I talked to retailer the 2nd time a technician was in the background and said it was. We believe it is The Whole circuit box. Coming out next week to check out. Will see what they determine.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.