2020 Bingo

We got a very light dusting of snow a couple weeks back over here. But halloween itself got up to 60, even though it was very windy.

This was the opposite of last year, where we got about 5 inches of snow ON halloween.

We had our first trace of snow on Nov.1st. By the end of the week temperature is supposed to hit 70. Such is life here in western PA.

Last edited:
Reactions: Newdude
The number of "firefighters" in our neighborhood who have been installing Christmas lights this week is disturbing on many levels... mainly, who the heck is left at the fire station.

• Haha
Reactions: Mdragger88

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
They're not getting invited to the 4th of July party for sure!
Thats next week. I can't wait. :ROFLMAO:

The number of "firefighters" in our neighborhood who have been installing Christmas lights this week is disturbing on many levels
If they are slow enough to have time to hang lights, it’s a good day for you, your friends and neighbors.

I helped a stranded motorist with a flat tire once and she was the head of the local ER and said to name drop her the next time I was there and she’d make sure I was well taken care of. I said ‘No thanks, I’d prefer that we never meet again’

• Haha
Reactions: Leebo
I'm not so sure about the "firefighters" I see in my neighborhood hanging lights/landscaping/moving people. They are certainly off duty and not in uniform or in their fire truck if they are actual firefighters. My guess is that maybe some firefighters own/partially own the companies to use the name, then hire out the work to day laborers.

Regardless of if they have ever been on a fire truck.... Christmas lights in October and early November should be outlawed.

You’ve never hung lights in late November when its 20° outside. Talk about a horrid experience. 🤬

My gut says I’ll be hanging ours next week as the weather looks like it’ll be in the 60’s

• Haha
Reactions: JJ_Tex and Newdude
You’ve never hung lights in late November when its 20° outside. Talk about a horrid experience.
Preach. I hang them a tad early before the cold snap hits. Rest assured Maddie I don’t turn them on until it’s ‘time’.

Christmas doesn't come until late December. Those are the rules
On the plus side, we are so far ahead of ourselves with holidays, We should be celebrating next Christmas, just in time for this Christmas.

Reactions: DAB942
Ok...another pet peeve of mine.... I don't care if you put 'em up at Easter (please don't. I lied. I care) but you're not supposed to take them down until Epiphany. That is January 6th, for all you heathens (just kidding!).
My momma said it was bad luck to take them down before Ephiphany.

Maddie :flower:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.