2019 Bleach Prices

Went to Lowe's a few days back , they had a bunch of boxes datecode 18-33X , yesterday I needed some chlorine to finish the shock, none to be found. I asked an associate to see if they have stock... stock 384 boxes. We started looking inn the whole store and finally I found 2 pallets up on top rack. They took them down ... date code ... 18-33X. Went to Home Depot and got the most fresh they had 19-099. WTH are these people thinking ?! Sad part is that people buy the old stock not knowing it's useless....

Yep, lots of old stuff out there....my local HD is all 2018 stuff, and both local walmarts Pool Essentials is late 2018 as well. I'm going to go in to Wally Manager and see if they an order some two packs (only have singles) for me.

For the midwestern'rs (Kansas, Missouri, Illinois, etc) heehee

Walmart = 10% 128oz $3.64
Menards = 10% BOGO for $3.99 (best deal until this sale ends)
Home Depot
Lowe's
Rural King (more up north)

Uggh, I bought 9 gallons of the Walmart chlorinating liquid and the date code is from late 2018. Hope it's still good, no telling how it was stored. Just opened today and will start a SLAM soon.
If it was indoors, hopefully it's been protected from most heat/uv. Especially if it was produced over the winter months.

Fleet Farm in Minnesota has 12.5% for 14.99 for 4 gallons regular price and usually for 2-3 bucks less on sale.

Found out Thatcher Pool in Rochester, MN now has 5-gallon reusable containers, 12.5% at $8 after the container fee.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
The annual Menard's sale starts today, best price hands down!

Thank you so much for the heads up! Our first season with a menards and we kept checking the circulars, nothing, still nothing today. I could have missed it if I didn't check here. They don't have it advertised at the display as BOGO and none of the store employees knew about it. Anyway, thanks again and date codes ran from 19099 to 19106

Reactions: splashpad
Thank you for the heads up on Lidl. I was just there and didn't realize the concentration had changed. I didn't buy any because they were from early Feb. I'll likely head back to Walmart for Pool Essentials until they stop carrying it late in the season. HD and Lowes in our area store bleach outside in a shaded spot, so in a pinch, I get from there. As others have posted, they don't know how to rotate stock to keep it fresh.

In New England, Ocean State Job Lot has been the best I’ve seen. 12.5%, 4/11.96, and it’s usually nice fresh stock. Been better than BJs, and Walmart’s price went way up and is only 10%. Benny’s used to be good as well, but they’re gone now

I picked up some at Home Depot (183/Braker) in Austin on day 114 of this year...date code was 101, so pretty fresh. They did have a huge stash of stuff from late 2018 as well for the unsuspecting...all stored outside. I don't mind, since it hasn't gotten that hot yet, but they really should keep this stuff inside! $2.99/gallon for 10% if you purchase 4 boxes of 3.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.