2018 Bleach Prices

Status
Not open for further replies.
I couldn't even find any at Menards in Green Bay WI today. We still have snowbanks from the couple feet of snow we got 3 weeks ago, but I'm ready to open the pool. I found 12.5% at 4 gallons for $10 at Fleet Farm here. That's pretty much what I usually pay.

Re: Liquid Chlorine Prices

Walmart isn't the only outlet whose supplier is messing with bleach concentration and keeping it a secret. Dollar General had their store brand 121 oz "concentrated" bleach on sale this week 2/$4, which is great except that as new stock comes in it's 6% instead of 8.25%. So what I got off the shelves was mostly 8.25% but there were a few 6% in there since I didn't think to look at each bottle. The 6% stuff has the same SKU above the UPC, but the UPC is different. Consolation is that I had a $5 off $25 coupon to apply to this as well, so that's still a pretty good deal lately even if it had all been 6%.

I think the Menards buy one for 3.99 get one free is up today.

WOW, Just saw a sale ad for FleetFarm. Four pack of 128oz 12.5% for $9.99 that's 15.6 cents per oz. Too bad they aren't national but if you have a Fleet Farm close now would be the time to stack some up in the basement.
Regular price is 14.95 / 23.4 per oz

are there any good sales in the northeast?

roughly how much liquid chlorine is used per day/per week for a 27k gallon in-ground, vinyl liner pool? and does the liquid chlorine need to be added every day? morning and/or night?

There's an awful lot that you would need to figure out to come up with your own solid numbers. But, as a point of reference, my 20k gallon in-ground vinyl liner pool generally takes about 5 cups of 12.5% bleach per day.

I just bought 48 gallons of the 12.5% at the Menards sale: Regular $3.99, buy-one-get-one.

The trick for me is that this isn't advertised at all in the store. It's entirely on-line at menards.com. I had to complete the sale on line and click "pick up in store". Worked fine, though.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I recently purchased HDX from HD ... not confident of age n strength. Put one gallon in closed pool b4 going away for week. Just in case I floated one puck as well. Chlorine was at zero will see when I return home to NJ to open pool.

Menards has 12.5% on sale for $2.00/gallon. Sale ends today! Picked up 30 gallons myself.
40ef1902c1b4f8187d5cf94ea9ee1de5.jpg

Florida Leslies pool stores - get on physical mailing list AND email list to get coupons for 2.5 gallon jug refills. Sales are often 2 for $7-8 and 3 for $10. Punch card loyalty program has 11th refill free. 2x or 3x punches for refills on wednesday. Leslies rewards gives $5 for every $100 spent if you use the same phone number and registered email address on all purchases.

Pinch a penny frequently has 10% off their refills, but no loyalty or rewards.

Most Walmarts have 10% jugs in garden, grilling, pool, lawn tools section - check the date though if old skip and Great Value 8.25% bleach always fresh. This is indoors at most places now, except near amusement parks seemingly. (lowes and homedepot have them in shade but outside.)

Looks like HEB raised their 8.25% to $2.94, still best I can find in Austin. Hoping Ace does their Memorial day special 2/$5 for 10%.

Solar Breeze - Aquabot 4WD - TFP

Was all set to buy this at Sam's, got there and was over $9, and 6%! Ended up buying 3pk of hdx at Home Depot. Date 051, not great, but figure it's at least 8% by the time I use it. HEB still looks good until they lower it to 6%.

505618afd22081d872c1d9c9494d6ef5.jpg

I am a happy Sam's member, but in my opinion - DO NOT BUY the Chlorox "Regular" with "Cloromax Technology" as I've read TFP user reports of it causing problems with their water feel.
Remember in Pool School: https://www.troublefreepool.com/content/139-recommended-pool-chemicals
You want common household bleach, without any additives or special features, typically labeled unscented or "original scent". Bleach is available in various strengths, labeled by percentage. The most common strength is 8.25%. The higher the percentage, the less you need. For example 2 cups of 3% bleach contain the same amount of disinfecting chlorine as 1 cup of 6% bleach. Avoid bleach that does not list a percentage, as it is usually a rather low percentage.
Cloromax Technology likely counts as an additive - plus, it says it is only effectively 6% concentration, not 8.25%... skip this one.

Any better places to buy acid other than Home Depot? I spend almost as much on acid as bleach. $13 per 2 seems high.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.