2 years of planning and it’s finally DONE in Tampa!

The fence posts are 6” into the ground inside PVC sleeves. The fence posts themselves are fiberglass. I can lean into the post at a 45 degree angle and all they do is flex, they will not snap.

I watched a comparison video on YouTube about the post material and strength and the fiberglass was way better. I know my son is a little butterball turkey but there is no way he will break those posts.

Signed the contract for the pool finish. Just over $11,000. Went with aqua blue and a 50/50 mix of cobalt blue jewelscape (touch of glass) glass beads and a mix of the Puerto Rico blend glass.

Well we got a bit of better news today as far as scheduling is concerned. I received an email about a week ago from the screen company stating that the enclosure would be installed on St. Patricks day. I called today to specify that i wanted a specific crew to install it, and after me not understanding what he was talking about and him not having a clue where St. Patties day came in, he told me that the date of the 17th was an automated message and that the date is inaccurate. The enclosure will actually be installed on this upcoming Sunday, two days from now.

Unfortunately, the first available prep day for the finish company is March 19 with a March 21 plaster day. March 20 will be electrical hookup and getting the panel wired and all of the lights and equipment wired.

My concern with the pool finish is that they plaster and do the acid wash on the same day and then fill afterward. When my parents had their pool re done a year ago they plastered the pool, let it sit overnight and then came in the morning to do the acid wash and fill. Is it a big deal if it gets acid washed the same day?

The 500 gallon LP tank was installed yesterday. The crew did an absolutely phenomenal job.

Oh. And today i made the sad mistake of going and buying patio furniture. Insert many many four letter words here. :oops::oops::oops::oops:

We did a sofa and love seat in the collection pictured below but with a different sunbrella fabric. On top of the love seat and sofa, I got myself a glider rocker lounger thing and ottoman, 6 dining chairs and a table, two of those freaking stupid ledge lounger things that my wife just HAD to have (n), a 9 foot umbrella for the sunshelf, and i was going to surprise her and buy her the fire pit, but she had to point out that i forgot to buy a table and that we HAD to buy the table now. Im like great. Well. Happy anniversary, youre getting the fire table. :mad:

Does anybody happen to know what bail costs in Hillsborough County after a string of armed robberies? Asking for a friend. :unsure:

Untitled by T V, on Flickr

The rocker will have the wild blue pattern, and the sofa and loveseat will have the dark blue, and the pillows will be a combination of the wild pattern and the light blue.

Last edited:
Plaster info I put together:
Trouble Free Pool
Trouble Free Pool
Ten Guidelines for Quality Pool Plaster Best one of all
Not All Color Pigments are Good for Pools How to pick a good color for plaster.

Furniture-LOVE IT!! Love the sets and those colors are AWESOME!!!

Now a tease-you KNOW better than going *shopping* with your wife! Looking is SO much different than shopping :roll: You know this!! LOL It was sweet of you to TRY to get her the fire table for the special day. I do have an idea how you can "save" this though......................colored glass!! Most females like BLING so this will be the bling for the fire table!

Kim:kim:

Reactions: tampatommy
Screen enclosure got dropped off today. They need one more guy for install and they will start installing it tomorrow afternoon. 3 sides of my house have pieces of the enclosure propped up against it along with all through the backyard.

And apparently now, homeboy knows how to get into the two drawers of my tool box where all my dewalt goodies are. I busted him. Heres to him making it through toddlerhood with all appendages.

Throwing out the glass beads/good stuff and hand trowel in seems like the way to go IMO. You're right, mixing it in and only being able to see....half? less than half? who knows?

The question I'd fire back with PB is when he says that is..."Do you think half of them will fall out eventually?". I think more would be submerged in plaster than fall out over time...but I just finished having my own pool built so what do I really know LOL.

Just thinking out loud here...

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
You are going to spend a fortune on locks with that little one right there!!! Of course as soon as you get them installed he will find the keys!! Time to get him his own tools and toy box.........oh and a tool belt! That is one pic I have to see!!

Here is hoping they can find the missing guy to help put it up tomorrow!

Looks like the weather will not be in our favor next week. It is supposed to end for like 5 or 6 days starting this weekend. We will see.

Questions.

My pool plaster company says that he does not use the NPT recommended Azteca modifier and said that the only reason it is used is because the plaster people do not mix the batch correctly, and if it is mixed properly, there will not be any issues.

Screen enclosure is almost finished, just a few panels left to screen in. We chose to do the super screen, and I must admit, its a love hate choice. I love that the bugs will be gone, but it is VERY dark inside the living room now. I was used to full sun over the past few months and wish i could have done without the enclosure. Unfortunately, the unofficial Florida state bird is the mosquito, so that was not an option. If you can handle bugs and insects and leaves and what not, enjoy your sunlight and dont put an enclosure up.

I have a sad for your lose of light inside the house. Once you get used to it it will not be so bad. I am sure it was surprising when you first saw it though. The trade off is SO worth it!

I will call in @bdavis466 to get his input on your concern. I only know the basics HE knows the details!

The Azteca modifier is used when glass beads are added since they are not porous and additional grip is needed to hold them in the matrix.

I don't know why he would not use it...there is no reason not to. In your shoes, I would require it to be used even if I had to pay extra for it. Its not something that can ever be added later.

From what I know "super solar screen" is usually what they call "90%", it blocks up to 90% of light transmission. Evidently there's also an 80% version. In your case the visibility seems better than that. Do you know what screening material was used and what it's rated for?

Mosquitoes aren't much of a problem near us on the east coast. Eradication and control programs have been very successful. However there are many other small insects that screening mostly controls. We have standard screening, I think about 50%. Visibility through it is good and it keeps out all insects but noseeums (sand flies) that are only a nuisance for a short time of the year. The 50% reduction in light isn't very noticeable but helps greatly with reducing UV exposure and potential for sunburns within the cage. I think it's a good compromise, I'm glad our screening isn't more dense.

Thank you Bdavis. We are in fact adding glass beads, which is why in every brochure ive read from NPT states that the Azteca should be added. I will give him a call and ask him how the warranty will be affected. Im pretty sure the azteca bags are only 16lbs which would be almost negligible in a 1200lb batch. There are some things i like about this pebble installer but things i dont. I am not liking the thought of an acid wash on the same day, especially if they try and wash it prior to the 4 hours of letting the plaster set, nor do i like that he is not using the modifier.

On our screen contract, we opted for the Poly core screen. It does not give a size though, as far as 20/20 or 18/14 etc. Unfortunately the turds who installed the enclosure, who took a plentiful amount of breaks, have a screen door and one panel still left to finish. The guy that was going to come finish it today (which would probably take less than an hour) took a sick day which meant we had to cancel the safety inspection and postpone it until monday. In the mean time, every single florida state bird in the zip code found their way into the enclosure over the night and is too dumb to find a way out.

I thought I read on a website that 6 hours between install and acid wash was idea. The are doing the install on my today and coming back tomorrow to acid wash. I feel for you on the birds.... Cant believe they left with the job almost finished.....

Aside from bug freedom, I think the best aspect of screen houses is the ability to leave large sliders open to the outside and have such an open feel to the house. My sister has a triple slider and the feel when it's open (obviously not during the summer heat) is great.

They came tonight and finished the job and cleaned everything up. Im very happy with the job. Will post more pics this weekend. We have a 3 panel slider in the living room, 3 panel in the family room, and two panel in the bedroom so i completely agree with opening the house up. Nothing better when it is cool outside. As of now we have 7 days until we are finally finished and then i have to break the news to my wife that she has to wait another month to get in it :laughblue:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.