2 speed pump for 24' ABG pool? Edit - Also connecting 2" pipe to new pump see post 22

if a pump does not say that it is "salt" friendly, will it still be okay? I was looking at this Hayward Matrix 2 speed pump. What do you think? I know both of you guys have a hayward matrix pump. Was it listed as a salt water pump?
I own that pump in 1HP version and it does great with my 24' sharkline matrix. I run it only on low speed about 7 hours a day and it does just fine skimming. The pump is extremely quiet on the LOW speed setting. I chlorinate with bleach, so I can speak to it's use vs. salt, but its been a reliable pump.

So, I am running new piping, down the pool, underground about 20 feet to behind my shed where I am putting the filter, pump, and SWCG. I was going to run 2" Pipe. The Hayward 1.5 HP 2 spd Pump I purchased has 1.5 inch interior threads. However it also has exterior threads. Are those exterior threads used to connect a 2" pipe somehow? How do you do that?

Reactions: Mdragger88
+1. Unions when given the choice. Any. Day. Of. The. Week. In this case it will save you putting them a few inches back from the pump connection anyway. 2 birds with one stone.

For the record though, you can use the inner threads with a 1.5 inch male to 2 inch female adapter too (and then use unions further back). Plumbing has short restrictions many times and it doesn’t affect the flow in a significant way. When given the choice, use the outside diameter connection but if you have to, the innies don’t matter.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.