Chewanik

Apr 30, 2021
Essa, Ontario
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hello looking for some ideas on where to buy or how to make a 2” skimmer for an above ground pool! Can anyone recommend any in ground 2” skimmers that might fit? Has anyone successfully fit a dual port 1.5”? Has anyone reamed the typical 1.5” port bigger? I am getting an Aqualeader influence pool. Are the openings for skimmers all typical?
Thanks!

So I’m assuming you mean you want a skimmer that has 2” fitting underneath?

You can get a Hayward like this one and don’t use the hose barb. I think one of these would work with 2” PVC.

@magiteck

This is the exact setup I have. The 1500 connector linked above will take a 1.5" PVC pipe inside, or a 2" PVC coupler on the outside.

Andrew

Reactions: kellyfair
So I’m assuming you mean you want a skimmer that has 2” fitting underneath?

You can get a Hayward like this one and don’t use the hose barb. I think one of these would work with 2” PVC.

@magiteck
Yes it looks like that one will accept 1.5 pvc (inside) or 2in (outside), and then has the Hayward union connector that should screw onto the skimmer outlet.

Reactions: kellyfair
Yes, that is the 1091 skimmer. Same as above. This one is the wide mouth version. Threads on the bottom take the 1500 nut linked above.

Andrew

Is the 1.5" outer socket thread typical on Hayward above ground skimmers? I haven't got mine yet but I would imagine it will be a base model like this
Just to confirm what Andrew said, the outer threads on the skimmer are a proprietary Hayward union connection. You have to use their union/nut as Kelly linked to.

The other end of that nut (slip/socket) are standard pvc sizes.

Reactions: Andrew_D
Thank you for the replies really appreciate it! I am seeing this part in stock in Canada SP1500UNPAK2. It looks like the difference is the male end is threaded? I would have to buy a 2” female threaded adapter in order to connect? The Hayward skimmer connection looks the same.

Thank you for the replies really appreciate it! I am seeing this part in stock in Canada SP1500UNPAK2. It looks like the difference is the male end is threaded? I would have to buy a 2” female threaded adapter in order to connect? The Hayward skimmer connection looks the same.
The SP1500UNPAK2 has a 1.5in male threaded connection, it doesn't have the built-in 2-inch option like the one Kelly posted. So you'd need an adapter(s) to go from 1.5 female pipe thread to your 2" pipe.

Will Amazon US ship the other one to Canada? If not, it looks like this eBay seller will:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
The SP1500UNPAK2 has a 1.5in male threaded connection, it doesn't have the built-in 2-inch option like the one Kelly posted. So you'd need an adapter(s) to go from 1.5 female pipe thread to your 2" pipe.

Will Amazon US ship the other one to Canada? If not, it looks like this eBay seller will:
Thanks! Got it ordered. Appreciate all the help!

I ordered my 1500 package from amazon.ca
It was the 1.5" slip / 2" spigot PVC pipe connector. Not the threaded one.

There definitely are various combinations out there (threaded, barbed, PVC slip, PVC spigot, etc), so have to watch out, for sure!

Andrew

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.