1st test results : under shock

Be aware that raising your FC above Shock level for your CYA is a waste of chlorine and potentially damaging to your vinyl liner.

As long as the FC stays above the minimum level based on your CYA, it is killing algae. Not as quickly, but still killing it.

Take care.

Thanks. That was always confusing in the reading materials indicating not to let it drop below slam level. Figured why not bring it to 23 and it goes down to 20 and then bring up to 23 again. Makes sense to just keep raising it back up to 20 to save chlorine and liner wear and tear.

Nothing much to update. I keep filtering, cleaning carriages, skimming, vacuuming and adding chlorine up to slam level. Still not crystal clear but it will get there I’m sure.

The loss of chlorine is much less. I didn’t have time this morning to check the levels and when I checked tonight I only lost 2 ppm in a 24 hours period. I’m hoping it’s close to the finish line. Running low on chlorine reagents from all these tests but it makes it easy to keep on top of it.

Finally cleared up. Brought it to shock level one last time.

For tomorrow night overnight loss test, do I leave it alone and just test at dusk and don’t bring it up to shock level at night? So if it is at 17 ppm at night leave it alone and test in morning?

Those are some good looking numbers. :goodjob: If the water was also clear and CCs no more than 0.5 ppm, then yes you can let the FC fall on its own. Once it gets to about 10 or below, you can re-test the pH and adjust if nesessary. Test any other items as needed also. Congrats.

Reactions: dswilli2
Newest test results :
Sparking crystal clear water. Won’t let me post a pic

FC. 7.6
CC .2
PH 7.5 (closer to 7.4 shade but greater/darker color and was not 7.6. One drop of base demand = 7.6) not sure if I call it 7.5 or 7.4)
TA 110
CH. 110
CYA. 47 (in between 40 and 50 after multiple views in middle/high. I added more water and it rained a lot, So calling it at 47)

I think I’m all set and will continue to monitor now?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
PH 7.5 (closer to 7.4 shade but greater/darker color and was not 7.6. One drop of base demand = 7.6) not sure if I call it 7.5 or 7.4)

Really doesn't matter. Any pH in the 7's is good.

CYA. 47 (in between 40 and 50 after multiple views in middle/high. I added more water and it rained a lot, So calling it at 47)

Your CYA is 50. If the dot disappears between 50 and 40 we round up and call it 50. You use it for the FC/CYA Levels which only has round numbers for CYA.

Reactions: dswilli2
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.