1st SLAM!

I have been checking the codes...So far up to about 72 gallons in 5 days
15 gallons wal mart great value 8.25%
31 gallons clorox 8.25%
24 gallons Aldi-Tandil 8.25%
Ill see what it looks like when i get home... i hope i am soon done i am literally buying and adding bleach as fast as i can. This am i added twice the amount it called for (7 gallon 8.25%) and left my 3GDP stenner pump running at full blast. Then had my wife add twice the amount it called for at 11:00 am. (6 gallons Clorox 8.25%)
Today alone i added 14 gallons of 8.25% clorox

The rapidly dropping FC and the higher CC levels often point to an ammonia problem ... the solution is to keep adding bleach.

Did you have a CYA reading when you opened or did you add some?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
There is another thread where the CC seems to be stuck at 3ppm ... but that was certainly a case of ammonia.

Usually the CC does not climb very much during a SLAM. How much sun does your pool get? No cover right?

Well gang I think I may be at or near the end of my 1st SLAM! The past 3 hours or so have needed to add anything and for the 1st time holding above 16FC consistently. CC is about 1.5 though... Will check for overnight FC loss.
Only took about 80 gallons of 8.25 bleach. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have been Slamming for over a week and 1/2 and my pool water is crystal clear.My CC is ranging anywhere from .5 to 1.0 , My problem is i can get past the OCLT part. It is down from 10 to about 4-5 again CC .5 to 1.0.
Since i have started slamming i used easily 100+ gallons of 8.25% ( some was 12.5%) bleach some days in the beginning 20+gallons per day. I have been following the process to the "T". I guess my concern is am i missing something? It seems like a lot of bleach especially since it was almost clear when started ( no green just cloudy) and clear for almost a week now.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.