Bronze Supporter
Jun 10, 2018
North Central PA
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I just completed my first SLAM since joining TFP 3 years ago. I was both looking forward to it, and dreading it at the same time. Over the past couple years, I have read and re-read the process dozens of times, knowing it was only a matter of time until I would need to do it. In my case, it turns out my problem was my solar cover, which had developed a couple of separations that allowed water to enter and sit there and turn ugly and swampy, ultimately also entering into my pool before I realized it.

It took me four days and only 7 gallons of chlorine to complete. Actually, truth be told, I was probably done in three days, but I took it back up to full SLAM yesterday and did another OCLT last night just to confirm. This morning: 0 ppm chlorine loss, 0.0 CC, and crystal clear water. As a plus, a neighbor has volunteered to take the old solar cover to use to cover his winter firewood. Win-Win. (y)

In any event, the process went totally as advertised... but I do have to admit I posted on here a couple times for guidance, or more accurately, someone to verify that I was on the right track. As usual, I don't think I waited more than 15 minutes for a member to jump in with help and encouragement.

Thanks TFP and everyone out there for what you do as we help each other out with our pools. :D

Reactions: V___25
Great news - you get the SLAM badge!!!!
Hopefully others will read your post and know that the process is successful.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.