Cypress, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
Recently received our TF100 test kit and saltwater tester. So we cut our pool service loose 2 weeks ago.

Did my first complete test yesterday, and 3 problems area: pH, TA, and CYA. See the link below if you want, but here are the readings:
FC: 2.0
Ph: 8.2
TA: 110
CH: 300
CYA<20
SALT: 5,200 (that's for another discussion)
TEMP: 71F
CSI: 0.43

I've added the recommended quantities to address the FC and CYA, but I hesitate to add 22#s of the Calcium Chloride recommended by the Pool Math app to address the CH.
Should I go with the full 22#s, or somewhere less than that?

Thanks all

No need to add calcium. CSI is what you watch. Yours is fine. When you lower the pH it will come close to zero.

Address the salinity before adding anything else. A Hayward SWCG should have a salinity in the low 3000’s.

"No need to add calcium"
Well, uhm...oh sh--- shuckie darns.
If I did add some calcium already (as I was taking the Pool Math app at its word), anything I should do, or be concerned with?

On the salinity, I followed the Pool Math app's suggested dosage to address the pH: 52 ozs of 20 degree Baume. Sound good to you?

Best practice is to add the calculated addition amounts in steps and test after each to verify the new level, slowly reaching your target by testing. Estimated pool water volumes can skew the recommendation and over applications may require partial draining and fresh refill. If your current salt levels are verified then you will need a partial drain and fresh fill to dilute and lower the salt ppm which will also lower your current CH and CYA. Test your fill water for CH and TA in order to predict your pool water chemistry going forward.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.