1990s Pool facelift - UPDATE deck pictures!!!

if you don't mine me asking......well a little bit about my situation first....we bought a home with a pool as well....a little smaller than yours but the previous owner repainted it before we moved in as well.....so i was thiniing about getting it replastered and keeping the same tile like you did as well....how much did the overall project cost if you don't mine me asking.

if you don't mine me asking......well a little bit about my situation first....we bought a home with a pool as well....a little smaller than yours but the previous owner repainted it before we moved in as well.....so i was thiniing about getting it replastered and keeping the same tile like you did as well....how much did the overall project cost if you don't mine me asking.

I will send you a PM with the exact breakdown on everything.

G&G, I noticed on the other thread you mentioned your main drain had been filled in some time ago. Ours will be filled in when we replaster - how are you finding the start-up brushing on your new plaster with no main drain? Lots of vacuuming from the deep end? Wondering what to expect. Thanks!

G&G, I noticed on the other thread you mentioned your main drain had been filled in some time ago. Ours will be filled in when we replaster - how are you finding the start-up brushing on your new plaster with no main drain? Lots of vacuuming from the deep end? Wondering what to expect. Thanks!

Actually there was far less plaster dust than what I was expecting. Far less. The company used something called Metamax in the plaster and Start up Tec in the water when they filled. I was told that both would help cut down on the plaster dust, especially the Start Up Tec. The pool company did the first brush, but I did all of the rest of them. I have a DE filter and ran it continually for the first week. That was probably overkill, but I was concerned. I did not vac at all for the first 7 days. I had read conflicting info on if it was good/bad for the plaster and I figured better to not touch it too much. I brushed many times a day - at least 6 for the first week. By about the 3rd day I really wasn't stirring much up. I did backwash the filter several times, but my pressure gauge was not showing raised pressure - I just felt like it SHOULD be backwashed. To be honest I felt like it wasn't nearly as messy and troublesome as I had it worked out to be. I didn't miss the drain at all during this process.

On a related note, I am planning on buying a robot once I get my final invoice, but the pool company suggested NOT putting one in for the first few days. I am not sure if it is for the robots sake or for the sake of the finish. I thought it might be nice to have it to do the dust work from the beginning, but like I said, it wasn't really any trouble.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.