Opened pool after 3 years of being closed.

Whoot whoot....just announced the pool is open for business :goodjob: It is sparkling (just metal discolored), no FC loss, no cc's for a week now! I will still have to deal with the metal staining issue but need to let my wallet recoup for at least 2 weeks before I spend anymore than regular maintenance. Thanks TFP it has been a haul, when I get the chance I'll post my sparkle pics :goodjob: :party: :party: :party: :whoot: :whoot: :whoot:

I am currently using a long tube type baseball sock and it is working well for dissolving CYA. If you don't have rope to hang the sock, try dental floss. It is strong and doesn't break easily, if ever.

mkenyon2 said:
Can I ask, you had no cc's for a week but waited to open the pool? (I'm trying to get my pool up and running.)

My pool has been open for 6 weeks, check the entire thread. I have been clearing my swamp! I had no cc readings for a week but still had FC loss overnight, although little, I still waited for it to be 0. Now it is so everyone in the pool!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Nice work, whoozer!! Pretty pool and pretty pool water.

Try keeping your FC elevated (perhaps 30% or more so than normal) for a week or so and watch what the stains do. They'll probably stay but chlorine is a miracle worker.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.