Slide Construction Idea - Thoughts and Suggestions Needed

Aug 28, 2009
We're redoing our landscape to include a buried above ground pool. I'll be putting flagstone around the pool, and on one end, want to include a rock step up to a slide (deep ended AGP.) I think I grabbed this pic off of this site, but i have so many, it's hard to be sure.

[attachment=0:26igqazm]4-12-2010 12-07-03 PM.jpg[/attachment:26igqazm]

This is likely a polish concrete slide, which I think gets waxed.

I was thinking of doing something similar, however, instead of sliding directly on the concrete, I am thinking about using either EPDM pond liner (added heating effect) or simple white/blue vinyl pool liner over the concrete base with a foam pad of some sort between the concrete and top vinyl. This would be a softer and safer sliding surface, plus should be fast to slide on.

The nearest comparison would be carpet underlayment install over concrete, you'd have concrete -> underlayment/pad -> carpet. In this case, you'd have concrete -> underlayment -> vinyl + water.

Obviously, the slide part would need a lot of support, but having built pond waterfalls, I'm not worried about that.

The challenges I see are 1) attachment/coping of the sides of the top layer vinyl, and 2) finding a source for the padding. The nearest I've seen would be what they make real water slide mats out of, just a soft foam, but you'd need it in a longer sheet to avoid seams. Then, I'd probably just use adhesive (vinyl flooring adhesive) to attach the layers.

Anyone have any thoughts and ideas on this, and sources for materials? Thanks!

Attachments

• 4-12-2010 12-07-03 PM.jpg
    4-12-2010 12-07-03 PM.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 169
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.