Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

View Poll Results: Who's the most helpful?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • Waterbear

7 50.00%
  • chem geek

2 14.29%
  • Jason Lion

5 35.71%
  • NWMN mom

0 0%
  • duraleigh

0 0%
  • KurtV

0 0%
  • JohnT

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1st Annual TFP Awards

1. Back To Top    #1

1st Annual TFP Awards

Which poster is the most helpful here? This is tough because there are so many.
    Brian
    20K IG Gunite w/ raised 7ft spillover spa. 1.5 HP Hayward Northstar pump 425 sq ft Hayward cartridge filter, Colorlogic lights AquaRite SWG AquaLogic PS-8 control
    1hp pump for sheer descent

2. Back To Top    #2
    They are all great contributors! You'd almost have to break that into categories as they have such diverse expertise.
    TFP Founder

My Pool: 13K gal IG gunite with 7' spa, Pentair Cartridge Filter, Intellichlor IC40 SWG, Polaris 280 Cleaner, TF-100 Test Kit w/ salt test.

3. Back To Top    #3
    I think that all of us contribute equally but in different ways. There are also many other regular posters who are not on this list that should be also!

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by waterbear
    I think that all of us contribute equally but in different ways. There are also many other regular posters who are not on this list that should be also!
    Agreed. So I didn't vote.

5. Back To Top    #5
    TFP Guide

In the Industry

NO FAIR...can only vote once, all of these great contributors deserve a vote in my book.

Thanks guys, all of the knowledge you allow us to learn from is amazing.

Rik

6. Back To Top    #6
    absolutely, they're all fantastic. Some are on the forum a little more often than others to lend their expertise. It's not so much who knows more than the next person, more like who has been able to help more people out.
    Brian
    20K IG Gunite w/ raised 7ft spillover spa. 1.5 HP Hayward Northstar pump 425 sq ft Hayward cartridge filter, Colorlogic lights AquaRite SWG AquaLogic PS-8 control

7. Back To Top    #7
    Give a special award to SeanB for starting this site. Allows new people to get the right answers from a knowledgeable group of contributors. Thats all I have to say about that.
    IG 18x36 oval vinyl, Spill over spa, Northstar 2hp-2spd, 2.5" piping, S310T 500lb Sand filter, 400k gas heater, AutoPilot SWCG
    http://www.tftestkits.net/

8. Back To Top    #8
    All of them.
    Shelley
    Denver, CO

9. Back To Top    #9

In the Industry
    While I can't find his/her username, (my search function is not working), the clear cut winner for me is the person who posted cleaning their round AG pool with the whole family running in circles around the perimeter.

Not only was that a very practical tip, but it left me for the rest of the day picturing that with a huge smile on my face.
    Dave S. - Forum owner
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

10. Back To Top    #10
    maaan, I didn't make the poll...

I think even some of the newcomers are most helpful... sometimes they really make us think! (ok, the make the smarter folks think) All the questions that might seem like dumb ones to them are making this forum chock full of great information!

8000 gallon 20' x 48" round vinyl frame pool, 12" sand filter (don't have the specs on the pump), TF100 test kit
    Handy Links: PoolMath, TF-100 Test Kit, Pool School, CYA-Chlorine Chart
    "Shock" is a process, not a product!

11. Back To Top    #11
    Quote Originally Posted by The Mermaid Queen
    maaan, I didn't make the poll...

I think even some of the newcomers are most helpful... sometimes they really make us think! (ok, the make the smarter folks think) All the questions that might seem like dumb ones to them are making this forum chock full of great information!
    You're MY favorite! I didn't want to be accused of favoritism.
    Brian

12. Back To Top    #12
    I do not think this is a fair poll, each person on the list has been helpful in one way or the other. Each has their own style and expertise, therefore I did not vote.
    1980's Shasta built 30,000 gal inground diving pool. Pebble-tec interior. Pentair DE Filter. In ground pop-ups. Hayward Navigator sweeper.

13. Back To Top    #13

All of them have helped a lot of folks enjoy their pools more and the maintenance of them. So, these and many others get my vote.

And thanks SeanB for your investment, time and dedication to provide this resource for all of us.
    20x40 30,000 gal IG Liner, Pentair II Sand

14. Back To Top    #14

Apologies for the triple post.
    20x40 30,000 gal IG Liner, Pentair II Sand

15. Back To Top    #15
    Quote Originally Posted by From_Arizona
    I do not think this is a fair poll, each person on the list has been helpful in one way or the other. Each has their own style and expertise, therefore I did not vote.
    But what about the poll...do you think it's fair?

:P

16. Back To Top    #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Rangerman
    Apologies for the triple post.
    post padder
    Brian

17. Back To Top    #17

Quote Originally Posted by duraleigh
    While I can't find his/her username, (my search function is not working), the clear cut winner for me is the person who posted cleaning their round AG pool with the whole family running in circles around the perimeter.

Not only was that a very practical tip, but it left me for the rest of the day picturing that with a huge smile on my face.
    You mean this guy? Yea, it definitely put an entertaining picture in my mind as well....

http://www.troublefreepool.com/viewtopic.php?t=1604
    My Pool - 18x24 fully setup Cabana, 22x48 gunite/quartz plaster (3-5-3 depth) & 8' spa w/ spill and 5' natural rock waterfall; Hayward DE filter/pumps/heater; Hayward Pro Logic controller; Phantom cleaner. Finished 06/01/07.

RedishConstruction.com

18. Back To Top    #18
    I am trying to clean up the triple posts... there are posting problems of some sort... I am not the tech geek around here... I just clean up the messes once they are made!

8000 gallon 20' x 48" round vinyl frame pool, 12" sand filter (don't have the specs on the pump), TF100 test kit
    Handy Links: PoolMath, TF-100 Test Kit, Pool School, CYA-Chlorine Chart
    "Shock" is a process, not a product!

19. Back To Top    #19

Im not voting, all of those posters have been unbelievable sources of information for me.
    18' Round ABG (8000 gallon)
    Hayward X-Stream Cartridge Filter
    1.5hp Hayward PowerFlo Matrix Pump
    80 sq. ft. solar panels
    Goldline automated solar controller

20. Back To Top    #20
    Its the community that makes it the great site it is.
    18x33x52 Buttressfree Seaspray (Wilbar) AGP - 1.5hp Pentair Maxim w/22" Pentair Meteor Sand Filter, Aqua Rite SWG System, Biltmore Walk In Steps - 2/4x20 Solar Panel Setup - Doheny Jet Drive (RIP -Pool Rover Jr) - finally hard plumbed the whole darned thing -
    Beats Driving to the Lake!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast