18 Years with a Pool and Just Now Finding TFP!

gwaktek,

As an outsider looking in, it appears to me that it will take at least two weeks of daily care to return that pool to a useable and clear condition. About an hour a day.

So, if you really want to get your pool back into shape, I only see two options:

Option 1. Either you have time to do this or not. If not, then that only leaves option 2.
Option 2. Find someone that is willing to do this for you.

Would any of your daughter's friends, or a neighbor's kid, be willing to make a few bucks to get your pool back into shape? We would be glad to help point them in the right direction.

Other than that, I'm not sure what else we can do to help from here...

Oh, I like your writing style.. maybe you should write for a living rather than be a "Road Warrior". You could spend more time at home... :D

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thanks Jim... You, pooldv and I are in the same general environmental biosphere, I can see... your 2-mile proximity to the sun's surface up there in DFW makes for, I'm sure, some sanitizing challenges in the summer if you're not well in control of the upkeep routine!
Appreciate the compliment on my writing... I typically write only when there's a problem that needs fixing. If I became a writer by trade, I'd be someone in search of problems to write about; I don't see that ending well. Picture myself and a typewriter:

All work and no play make Jack a dull boy. - and so on... :crazy:

That's a whole lotta maple, swampwoman...:cyclopsani:

I had a rectangular tarp in those general dimensions but I had a booger of a time keeping the pool covered all the way around from edge to edge, given the shape- eventually it kept rainfall on instead of debris out, making it hard to remove without sloshing all the water and accumulated gunk on top, back into the pool. :brickwall: A permeable net, though... that could work...

Thanks to everyone who has replied, I'm overwhelmed by the helpful responses and the genuine concern. I'm gonna work something out for care while I'm out... maybe tying gas money for the youngest to daily pool checking and maintenance in my absence. Mama would help if she didn't have a listing here, a showing there, and a closing around the corner... every blessed day of the year. Good problem to have though, am I right? :)

---EPILOGUE---
As you can plainly see, I am worse than terrible in finding the time and motivation to come back in and share the results of all the cleanup and changing practices.
When all was said and done, there was no getting around the CYA levels so it was time to drain down to the lower bowl of the pool. A clean start with clean new maintenance steps, and here's what it looks like now:
WP_20170218_14_04_31_Pro.jpg

On another note: my realtor wife just sold a house with a really nice split-level pool/spa and told her buyer about TFP, after seeing our results in following y'all's advice... he should be joining today. :whoot:

Love the follow up! Nice job! Neat about the wife being able to point the new owners to TFP! I will be on the look out for them!

I am with Dave! If it were not for the hose I would not even know there was water in there! WOW!

Kim:kim:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.