18 x 36 inground vinyl liner build in Pa

IanL

Aug 18, 2016
Lewisberry,Pa
I’ve been researching this project for about the last 3 years and this forum has been very useful so I thought I would share our build. We are building a steel wall 18 x 36 rectangle with 6” radius corners. It will be 3.5’ - 8’ deep with diving board and the steps are open top liner over steps. The dig was on April 18th and right now we are waiting for the deck to be poured and the weather has not been very cooperative lately. The equipment is all Pentair and Easytouch automation.

Here is the equipment list:
FNS Plus 36 DE filter
Intelliflow VSF pump
Easytouch 4
IC40 SWCG
3 Globrite LED lights
2 skimmers
Dual main drains
2 returns

Plumbing is 2” except for main drain which is 1.5” and individual lines for each return, skimmer and the main drain. 100890100891100892100893100894

Last edited:
Reactions: shaneymack
After lots of weather delays we are finally swimming. Everything went very well with the deck pour and the vermiculite.

The plan was to fill the pool the whole way with truck water, which would have been 4 loads but somehow we only got 3 loads and the water hauler was booked up and couldn’t bring us any more. I had to fill the remainder with my well which has a ton of iron in it. The house has a chlorination system to treat the water but it uses a 125gal contact tank to oxidise the iron and it falls to the bottom of the tank. I had to bypass the system to top it off and we started off with brown water. The PB did a good job of taking care of the iron, a lot of it was already oxidised and they shocked the pool right away, oxidised the rest of the iron and filtered and vacuumed up all the iron. Started up the pool Wednesday morning and water was crystal clear by Saturday. My plan for makeup water is to use the treated water from the house but I can only run the hose for 10-15 min at a time and then let the system recover for about an hour before I do it again. Not a big deal but obviously not practical for adding large amounts of water. 105674105675105676105677105678105679

SO pretty NOW! I bet you were sick when you heard the water truck was booked before it was filled :( It all worked out in the end though and it is purrfect!

Kim:kim:
Ehh I wasn’t too upset about it. I saved $215 and got to see what my well water does to the pool. Now I know what to expect when we open the pool every year. I bought a whole house filter and fittings to hook it up to the garden hose so that should catch all of the iron that’s oxidised if I have to add large amounts of water. Im glad I went with the DE filter, I’m sure that helps when it comes to removing the iron.

Looks great! We are putting in a 16x36 right now. I'm curious how you spaced your lights. Did you space them evenly or offset the outside lights? I'm hoping to get by with 3 lights all on one wall also, but they will probably be SR Smith Kelo LED lights. Would appreciate your thoughts. Congratulations on your beautiful pool!

Looks great! We are putting in a 16x36 right now. I'm curious how you spaced your lights. Did you space them evenly or offset the outside lights? I'm hoping to get by with 3 lights all on one wall also, but they will probably be SR Smith Kelo LED lights. Would appreciate your thoughts. Congratulations on your beautiful pool!
They are spaced evenly, so a light every 9’. Im happy with how they look. I’m not familiar with the Kelo LED lights but if they are a similar wattage I’m sure 3 would be good spaced along a 36’ length. I liked the idea of smaller lights because they are less visible in the daytime when they are not on. They just look like a return.105818

Reactions: Hojo76

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.