New Pool Start Up Pump Run Time and Speed

Have you read this yet? Pool School - Determine Pump Run Time

Yes, way overkill. Your lowest speed can go much lower as long as the skimmers continue to work (i.e. water over the weir door). Also, the booster speed does not need to be that high and it can run on the same speed as your lowest speed.

I run my pump at 1200 RPM, most of the time.. I run my pump 24/7, which is not at all necessary, just something that I like to do. At that speed my filter pressure is less than 2 lbs.

You would think that at that speed I would get pretty poor skimming action, but I find that not to be true. If I just watch my skimmer for a couple of minutes, it appears "stuff" just floats right on by... but, if I look at the big picture and just look at what the skimmers collect and the fact that there little that sinks to the bottom of my pool, it is clear that the skimmers are working fine.

The few items that dare to sink to the floor of my pool are soon ate by my robot cleaner... :p

I guess my point is that you do not need much of a visible skimmer action to still have pretty good skimming results..

You do, however, need a working Weir door, which is what really makes the skimmers.... Skim...

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.